Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Brothers to the End - A Great Moment In Video Gaming

Vincenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By Vincenzo

As I made my way through Act III in Gears of War 3 last night with a friend in co-op mode, we were treated to an awesome moment in video gaming.

Without spoiling anything, it was a key moment in the story marked by a slightly more cinematic cut scene than the rest complete with the instrumental of a song that is very fitting and beyond effective for the cut scene.

This scene was very well done and it was even moving, just like a movie. And we say that a lot. Video games are like movies. But after this cut scene, I realized not every game brings an effecting story every time. Gears of War 3 definitely stepped it up here. Video game stories can be good, but this was a treat.

If the rest of what Gears of War 3 offers is not reason enough to warrant a purchase, I must say, if you like story modes, this part of the game would be well worth the price of admission. It also is interesting experiencing this with 1-3 other players. There was an understood silence as my friend and I watched, and as soon as it was done, I immediately asked my friend what he thought, then throwing out a few reactions like "Wow that was good" and "Great use of music".

Ultimately, this is a great example that co-op is a mode that is all too often overlooked. We need more co-op, namely on consoles.

Moments like these are the ones we remember in video games and it's even better if you can share it with a friend or a loved one. Here's to hoping that more games bring it all together with great voice acting, co-op play, and great story telling.

I am excited for the end cinematic. The bar has been set a little higher.

Vincenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Vincenzo

As I made my way through Act III in Gears of War 3 last night with a friend in co-op mode, we were treated to an awesome moment in video gaming.

Without spoiling anything, it was a key moment in the story marked by a slightly more cinematic cut scene than the rest complete with the instrumental of a song that is very fitting and beyond effective for the cut scene.

This scene was very well done and it was even moving, just like a movie. And we say that a lot. Video games are like movies. But after this cut scene, I realized not every game brings an effecting story every time. Gears of War 3 definitely stepped it up here. Video game stories can be good, but this was a treat.

If the rest of what Gears of War 3 offers is not reason enough to warrant a purchase, I must say, if you like story modes, this part of the game would be well worth the price of admission. It also is interesting experiencing this with 1-3 other players. There was an understood silence as my friend and I watched, and as soon as it was done, I immediately asked my friend what he thought, then throwing out a few reactions like "Wow that was good" and "Great use of music".

Ultimately, this is a great example that co-op is a mode that is all too often overlooked. We need more co-op, namely on consoles.

Moments like these are the ones we remember in video games and it's even better if you can share it with a friend or a loved one. Here's to hoping that more games bring it all together with great voice acting, co-op play, and great story telling.

I am excited for the end cinematic. The bar has been set a little higher.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Im not that far into he game yet as im waiting my my coop partners most of the time. I have my suspicions on what happens and to whom in the story (although I could be way off). I also think I read somewhere what the song in question is. Can't wait to get farther into what (even at the beginning of Act 2) is already one of the best games Ive played in recent years.

Vincenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vincenzo

@Twisted_Scot: I don't think you will be disappointed!

SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SpartanAmbrose

Definitely one of the best moments in the game. I couldn't help but get choked up a bit when I first saw it.

Vincenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vincenzo

@SpartanAmbrose: Same here.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hbkdx12

I can't really flesh out my argument without specifically referencing the scene but overall, i wasn't moved. Although the music was a fantastic touch i surely wouldn't consider it a momentous video game experience, for the series surely, but in all of video gaming? not at all

Also, I'm pretty sure this happened at the end of Act III, not act IV

Avatar image for crazymexicancarpi
    crazymexicancarpi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crazymexicancarpi

Going to be man enough and admit that I shed a tear on this moment of the game.

Brothers, 'til the end.

Vincenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vincenzo

@hbkdx12: You're right it was Act III. I fixed it.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By guiseppe

I was just pleasantly surprised (shocked) that a Gears of War game almost had me in tears. Totally unexpected.

Lotan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Lotan

Mad World could make a children's birthday party seam grim.

Love it.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Twisted_Scot
    @Vincenzo said:

@Twisted_Scot: I don't think you will be disappointed!

Finally got round to finishing up the Campaign and yeah your right, one of my favorite scene in a game to date. Only gripe was that they could have all just got in the car...problem solved. Ah well.
    Vincenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vincenzo

I finished the game over the weekend. I actually like Brothers to the End even better than the ending. It was a decent ending, but BttE was more powerful for me.

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Edin899

@crazymexicancarpi said:

Going to be man enough and admit that I shed a tear on this moment of the game.

Brothers, 'til the end.

.....If you were man enough you would never have shed a tear in the first place.

LordAltmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LordAltmer

I loved it, really great moment in the game.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Vinny_Says

one of the 50 greatest cutscenes in video games I would say....personally probably in my top 5 favotites

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.