Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Can someone help explain the Gears of War 3 unlock system?

SlantedRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By SlantedRoom

I don't know if it's just me or if other people out there are having this same problem, but I'm having a hard time understanding the unlock system in Gears 3, It seems very confusing.. For example; Say I'm checking out the Stats and Awards section and I want to look at my weapon skin unlocks, I tab over to the "Challenges" area and click on the "Weapon Skins" sub-menu. From there it shows you a list of all the possible weapon skins you can unlock, but it doesn't do a very good job of displaying exactly how to unlock the skins.. Don't get me wrong, some of them are made very clear by telling you that you just have to reach a certain level or obtain a certain achievement and those ones I understand, but some of them are not as clear. For example; to unlock the "Gold Gnasher" skin all it says is "Old Guard" with a 0/1 next to it. Nowhere does it tell you what "Old Guard" is or how to get it.. This is just one example, I've come across many unlocks that I couldn't actually figure out how to unlock because it was not made clear. Is it just me or is there some menu that I am missing that helps explain this stuff better? Thanks GB community for the help!!!

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By LordXavierBritish

All of those are Medals or Achievements you have to complete.

It is very unorganized and I suggest looking up some kind of list online if you want to know how to get specific unlocks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.