Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Curse you epic games! Lost save game data.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By laserbolts

So I just turned on gears and my rank is reset as well as all my ribbons, medals, campaign progress, all my stats. I was almost at the second time to 100 for the achievement so this is a real fucking bummer. I'd say I had about a month or more of game time in here. Had all the ribbons unlocked and was working on my onyx medals. Anyone know a fix for this? Tried deleted the cache and recovering gamertag to no avail. As well let me hear your stories of bullshit progress lost and if you don't have one I envy you right now. Fuck.

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By mscupcakes

I heard people were having this problem when the game was launched but I was under the impression Epic fixed the problem. I guess not :/

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

The same thing kept happening to me in Gears of War 2, especially with regards to the Seriously 2.0 achievement. It didn't bother me much because I wasn't going for it, but I can see how this might be a bit of a problem.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By audiosnow

Browsing my Xbox HDD, there are two GOW3 saves; one is called "Saved Campaigns" and the other is "Player Data."

Do your copy of "Player Data" exist? I'm not sure how (or if) Epic stores players' multiplayer data, so it may be irrelevant. The client side copy may just be for faster stat loading, but I really don't know.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By musubi

I once had a PERFECT save of Final Fantasy VII that I slaved over 100+ hours I very very carefully gathered together. I started a new save to try out some stuff early in the game and when i saved my muscle memory kicked in and before I could stop my thumb from hitting the button I saved over my near perfect save. Over 100 of progress lost.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I had my rank reset 4 times on Gears 2 from a local multiplayer glitch. Got it up again after the 25 times XP events. I hope they do one of those for Gears 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.