Do Gears PC achievements unlock the weapon skins?

#1 Posted by NotSoSneakyGuy (73 posts) -

Obviously Gears of War 2 did not come out on PC, but do achievements from Gears of War PC unlock the weapons skins as well?

Specifically:

Gold Sawed-off : Earned 'Commando' achievement in Gears of War 1

Chrome Lancer: Earn 'Don't Hate the Player' achievement in Gears of War

Chrome Retro Lancer: Earn 'Domination' achievement in Gears of War

Of course we already know about the Chrome Sawed-off, which is explicitly stated. This might be a hard question to answer though; Who has only played Gears 1 on PC and then decides to play Gears 3 on 360?

#2 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

Yeah PC counts I believe.

#3 Posted by VoshiNova (1756 posts) -

I'm playing Gears 1 on pc now actually, and I too would like to know which achievements count.

Unfortunately there is no one (as far as I can tell i.e quickmatch) playing pc gears online - so the multiplayer ones will have to be skipped.

Unlesssssssssssss, someone knows of a crowd of rowdy pc gamers who wanna throw down some gears 1 multiplayer with me on ze pc.

anyone? Anyone? Is anyone out there!?

#4 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@VoshiNova: Any achievement. Doesn't matter which.

#5 Posted by VoshiNova (1756 posts) -

@Afroman269 said:

@VoshiNova: Any achievement. Doesn't matter which.

God damn! I said god damn~!

Pulpy references aside, thanks for the info!

#6 Posted by Ghostiet (5338 posts) -
@VoshiNova said:

Unlesssssssssssss, someone knows of a crowd of rowdy pc gamers who wanna throw down some gears 1 multiplayer with me on ze pc.

anyone? Anyone? Is anyone out there!?

I guess we could make a one-off session or something with people here on the forums. I'd be game.
#7 Posted by DonPixel (2628 posts) -

You can still find games of Gears 1 on the PC, by the way playing the PC version makes me sad there is not Gears 2,3 for PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.