DO NOT search for Gears of War on Youtube

#1 Posted by Odinez (80 posts) -

I started typing in the title and the auto complete options revealed a major spoiler from the game. You have been warned.

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13135 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up- I've got my copy pre-ordered... though I can't imagine I'd be searching for Gears on YouTube anyway.

#3 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

I wouldn't have searched for gears on YouTube anyway but thanks for the warning. Fucking hurry up Tuesday!

#4 Posted by TyrellOCP (327 posts) -

"Gears of War 3 Marcus and Dom kiss"

#5 Posted by KarlPilkington (2683 posts) -

@mijetman said:

OMG SPOLERS

#6 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@mijetman said:

I'd probably buy the game if that's the case

as far as the spoiler... well it's there I guess? I don't like gears so whatever

#7 Posted by Vonocourt (2116 posts) -

That totally wasn't the spoiler I got spoiled by a user of the forum...fuck.

#8 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1724 posts) -

HE DIES AT THE END 

I'm right, right? 

#9 Posted by oatz (1103 posts) -

The butler did it.

#10 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

Marcus is actually a woman, always was

#11 Posted by adoggz (2040 posts) -

wait, it turns out that the cole train was the baby daddy of all the locust? weird.

#12 Posted by Kinsella (59 posts) -

Marcus is in a hospital, dying, and all 3 games were a fever dream?

#13 Posted by handlas (2658 posts) -

too late.

I saw it too. I don't remember what I was looking for but...ya...i saw the spoiler too.

#14 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll be sure to spread the word.

#15 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

SHPAAAYCE MUHREENS?!

#16 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

At least this isn't like looking up Officer Dick from Tony Hawk. WHAT WAS I THINKING? ALL FOR THE SAKE OF OUR WIKI?? Still scarred :(

#17 Edited by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Ya I heard about this, it's ridiculous, but easily avoidable. Thanks for the tip.

#18 Posted by SuperCycle (332 posts) -

That's like telling me not to touch the hot stove, or whatever you do, don't push the button. I of course ran to youtube and typed that in. Aww, man. Well, you did warn me. Funny thing is, I probably wouldn't have done it unless you told me not to.

#19 Posted by TheHBK (5463 posts) -

"Gears of War 3 Marcus and Dom Fuck."

#20 Posted by Kung_Fu_Viking (697 posts) -

Gears of War actually takes place in the Halo universe. Who knew?

#21 Posted by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -

If you're talking about the "Baird dies" thing, that's actually a fan-made video that got enough views to get shown in the search engine's recommendations. So, not a real spoiler.

#22 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

I did it anyway because I don't care about spoilers.

#23 Posted by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

cole train has never even BEEN on the rails. what a fucking fraud

#24 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1766 posts) -

I did that a while back not knowing that the ending was already posted on youtube. That and someone on a forum.

#25 Posted by Portis (1285 posts) -

This is unheard of!

#26 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Is it that the Locust are actually a Liandri-sponsored Unreal Tournament team?

#27 Posted by Knetic2341 (243 posts) -

My friend also had the game spoiled because of that. Terrible thing for a game that seems like it is gonna have an amazing story.

Oh internet, why must you turn against us?

#28 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

If anyone does find a good playthrough/walkthrough of the game on youtube, I'd appreciate a link as I'm not able to play it. The Quick Look made me really interested in seeing how the story goes.

#29 Posted by TheSpartanDon (158 posts) -

Most of the 'auto-complete' titles are usually fake.

People just name their videos 'Marcus Dies!!!' and then when you watch you get Rick Roll'd or something a long those lines. I guess the fact that so many people have created these fake spoiler videos has caused them to added to the Youtube auto-complete form.

Which is depressing when you think about it.

#30 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

It's not a real spoiler....  

(insert not wanting to live on this planet anymore)

#31 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -
#32 Edited by Hector (3354 posts) -

@mijetman said:

Dammit! lol

#33 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4629 posts) -

Why! What happens to Dom!?

#34 Posted by Hailinel (23857 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda said:

Why! What happens to Dom!?

Anal penetration as sweet nothings are whispered in his ear.

#35 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

To be fair, anyone who did not see that particular spoiler coming has to have been blind and deaf and never read a book in his entire life. _Of course_ that happens. What did you think was going to happen?

#36 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

"Gameplay footage" ? Nnnooooooo!

#37 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4629 posts) -

Oh, you mean the "Baird Dies" thing. That's fake. It's some twelve year old saying he thinks Marcus and Baird die. There's real spoiler videos on there, and that's not one of them.

But really, who the fuck cares about Gears' shitty story anyway?

#38 Posted by rentfn (1277 posts) -

I keep getting Rick Astley videos...is he in the game??

#39 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

Gears of War actually takes place in Spira. Dom died years ago in the Pendulum war. He woke Marcus up from jail after he came back from Zanarkand and lead him on the journey. Then Marcus has to kill his dad because he is Sin.

#40 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

I got spoiled by a fucker making a forum thread in all caps with a huge spoiler earlier today, motherfucker.

#41 Posted by Xeiphyer (5594 posts) -

If you actually look at the search results, you see its all fake though.  There were only two videos on the first page with anything even remotely close to the supposed spoiler, and one was just a trolling attempt with some movie footage cut in, and the other pages and pages of text put over some generic gears 3 footage talking about a rumour, both were voted very low and neither contained any proof of any spoilers.

So rest assured its probably not going to happen, although its final chapter, so I bet pretty much everyone is going to die.  Just because a 'spoiler' is a search result doesn't mean its true, especially if there are no videos showing it and it was probably just done to troll people.

#42 Posted by Dobkeratops (9 posts) -

@Odinez: Thanks for the warning. I wrecked Portal 2 for myself in exactly the same way. Gutted.

#43 Posted by hbkdx12 (779 posts) -

there are actually full on walkthroughs of the entire campaign that aren't hard to find so your best if to stay away from it completely

That being said, after seeing what i imagine is the "oh shit" moment as well as the ending, nothing really happens that you couldn't already see coming. That's not to say you won't be entertained when it happens

#44 Posted by TheHT (10871 posts) -
@Kinsella said:

Marcus is in a hospital, dying, and all 3 games were a fever dream?

He's also 12 years old and really into sci-fi.
#45 Posted by Knetic2341 (243 posts) -

Man, if it is true, I just did it on accident. I knew it was there, covered the screen, and yet still got a glimpse. Nothing will ever make up for this! This warning was good, yet my results still ended in tragedy.

#46 Posted by rmanthorp (3873 posts) -

So this was a huge red herring then? Nice on there part.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.