Final piece of DLC detailed

#1 Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -
#2 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

So there will be no more DLC at all for the game? That's a pretty short time to support it I think, especially if it's the last Gears game (I haven't played it so I don't know if the campaign actually wraps up, but I hope it does). I guess they need to get working on Fortnite DLC though.

#3 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

So there will be no more DLC at all for the game? That's a pretty short time to support it I think, especially if it's the last Gears game (I haven't played it so I don't know if the campaign actually wraps up, but I hope it does). I guess they need to get working on Fortnite DLC though.

Stay tuned for Gears of War 3: Season 2

Does anyone really think it's not happening?

#4 Posted by Crixaliz (782 posts) -

The picture of the 'savage hunter' is incorrect, since that character model was released in DLC 3.

There are also 5 weapon skins and 2 additional ones that can be unlocked, and Guardian mode is coming back.

#5 Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -

@SteamPunkJin: That's what I'm thinking, there are still some great maps they could bring back, and they seem to have no problem padding dlc with older maps. I still really want to see something done with beast mode, or spice up horde somehow.

#6 Posted by OldManLight (846 posts) -

i was kinda bummed to hear this is the "last" dlc. the game is barely 6 months old at this point and they're already packing it up? I understand them not wanting to keep pumping out map packs if they're not making "Call of Duty money" from them but this kinda sucks. I will give epic props for keeping their ears to the community and i hope at least that keeps up.

#7 Posted by TheGoatMan1 (30 posts) -

I doubt this is the "last" DLC, I'm guessing it's the last DLC that will be included in the season pass, but more will come later.

#8 Posted by Vonocourt (2130 posts) -

No more single-player DLC, bummer. Should pick up Raam's Shadow then, don't see the need to get the season pass if that's the only thing I'll play.

#9 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

Raam's shadow was so fucking badass...it just made me want more SP DLC :(

#10 Posted by csl316 (8669 posts) -

if they're done with DLC, hopefully they'll get cracking on the next Unreal Tournament.

#11 Posted by davidinwrofy (71 posts) -

@JTB123: Could someone give me the source for the claim that this is the last Gears 3 DLC? When and where did Epic or Rod Ferguson actually say this? And did they say actually no more map packs, no more single player DLC or no more DLC period?

#12 Posted by Vinny_Says (5709 posts) -

So this puts them at 2000 achievement points, that's gotta be some kind of record. I they add more DLC will they just have more points? That's insane!

#13 Posted by davidinwrofy (71 posts) -

Yup, I think it's the most in any game. According to a posting over on gamefaqs, these are the final 250 achievements: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991468-gears-of-war-3/62198375

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.