Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Freezing issues?

MrGtD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By MrGtD

I've had some issues with the game locking up. I'm only on Act 1 in the campaign, but its locked up in Chapter 3, and Chapter 5. I'm playing in Arcade Mode, and apparently you can't jump back into the middle of a chapter in Arcade Mode! So now I've had to play both of them twice, to find out it locked up literally 5 minutes from the end both times, but that's besides the point.

I have the game installed to my hard drive, and this hasn't happened with the multiplayer at all, just campaign. Is my Xbox gonna be totally boned within a couple days, or is this an issue other people are having?

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bybeach

I'm having a very ocassional momentary freezing..or it's just the game. Can't tell

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By XenoNick

So far I haven't had any issues with the game locking up. Game froze briefly at one point in Act 5 (only a few seconds however). My Xbox is an arcade that I've been running for over 3 years so it might be due to having an old console. Could also be something involving the new disc format stuff Microsoft have been using (I guess Gears 3 is using it due to the install being 7.1 GB)

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I have had no issues, just sometimes in Horde mode when a new wave starts there's a 2-3 second freeze/slow but next to that its been swell.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By myke_tuna

I was playing with Joey and his crew last night and it did keep locking up once or twice for about 3-4 seconds, but I don't know if that was just lag because the other guys also experienced it. That said, I can't install Gears 3 to my old 20GB Pro 360 because it fails around 30-45% I have 11 GB free, so it isn't space. Other than that, the game runs really great on my console.

MrGtD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrGtD

See, I have it installed, and I'm wondering if it might be that. I also have one of those old-ass Xboxes.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

I've had zero problems with it, it could be your xbox, I have the 'first' (i.e. not slim) elites.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By BraveToaster
    @MrGtD said:
    See, I have it installed, and I'm wondering if it might be that. I also have one of those old-ass Xboxes.
    Maybe your Xbox is about to croak.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Afroman269

No problems here. It could either be your Xbox or your HDD if the game was installed.

Carnage1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Carnage1290

I had this same issue on one specific cutscene in Act 1. Tried to replay it several times hoping it would go by, even tried just skipping the cutscene to no avail. Eventually I tried uninstalling it from my hard drive, the next time I saw the cutscene it worked completely fine. So you might want to try uninstalling to get passed the parts that freeze. I have it back installed now and am almost done with the game and have had no further issues.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By SpecTackle

I've had a few moments of freezing up, but they always clear up in a few seconds. Mostly in multiplayer, but it happened a few times in the campaign. I've got a slim model, no real issues with any other games.

MrGtD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrGtD

I airdusted the console and uninstalled the game and now it works perfectly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.