Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Gears 3 Retro Lancer Bundle

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So I was looking at GameStop's website (don't ask why, I don't even know for myself as to why...) and I saw this: http://www.gamestop.com/games/gears-of-war-3-retro-lancer-bundle/91046

Anyone gonna buy this?  I wanted to get the Gears 2 edition that had the lancer but I didn't have the money at the time.  This may prove to be something I can't pass up if I do decide to get another Xbox and have the money.

(Note: If there is a topic about this already, please delete this.  I looked for one and couldn't find it)

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By fugie7
    @xobballox: Yeah I am going to get this. When game informer wrote a article about it a week ago. I had to put money down to reserve it. It does look really cool.
    Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @xobballox: I bought the Lancer Replica bundle of Gears 2 from Amazon and couple years ago. It's a good lookin' item. More than just a toy. If you're in to it, it might be worth getting.
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By scarace360

How big is it really and i would like to put it in a glass case.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Afroman269

I'm guessing this is separate from the announced Epic edition. I don't remember Epic talking about these things. I'll pass on them though, I'm only interested in the limited.

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarace360: If it's like the Gears 2 regular lancer, it's a full size replica (A massive assault rifle)

Edit:  Here's a video to show you what I'm talking about:

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Afroman269 said:
    I'm guessing this is separate from the announced Epic edition. I don't remember Epic talking about these things. I'll pass on them though, I'm only interested in the limited.
    Yeah, I saw the thread about the epic addition and the big thing with it seems to be a statue of Marcus.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Afroman269
    @xobballox: The only extra stuff with the Epic Edition is some artbook and that statue. That statue actually looks pretty nice and all but I'm not spending 150 fucking dollars for that. I already payed up for the limited and I'm happy with that. 
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Afroman269: Agreed.  But a life-size rifle with a massive bayonet on the other hand... :P
    Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Deranged

I would love to get it, but it's way too expensive. Barely have enough money for gas, phone bill and rent.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By scarace360
    @xobballox said:
    @scarace360: If it's like the Gears 2 regular lancer, it's a full size replica (A massive assault rifle)

Edit:  Here's a video to show you what I'm talking about:

Ok sold. Im gonna buy one and hang it above my arcade cabnit.
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Slaker117

I wish I could get the Gears 2 one instead. I didn't have the money at the time and like the regular lancer design a lot better than the retro.

ChillyUK7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By ChillyUK7

Lancer

- As people have said, large clip size, low recoil, weakest of the three but you can supress and obviously chainsaw in CQC. 

Retro Lancer

- Powerful, high recoil, bayonet charge. (Sounds the best) 

Hammerburst

- Powerful, Semi automatic, Accurate/iron sights, low clip size. (Sounds the worst) 
    The whole sound thing is just because I dislike the way the Hammerburst sounds but really like the way the Retro sounds, its not a big issue but coming from games like BOB Hells Highway and Bad Company 2 that have great weapon sounds it's a little dissapointing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.