Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Hardcore Horde | DLC Maps | Private Game

davidinwrofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By davidinwrofy

Hey guys, the title says it all really. I'm looking for people interested in seeing how far we can get on Hardcore Horde. Not necessarily to wave 50 (but that would be nice) because this is as much about having fun in Horde for one or two hours, rather than bedding down for the long haul. I'm one of those players who finds Normal difficulty a little slow to get going, with not much of a challenge for the first 20 waves or so. I like a challenge right of the bat, in the first ten waves, particularly when I don't have the time to fight all the way to wave 40-50. I also want to play on the DLC maps and preferrably Fenix Rising because I like new stuff!

I'm aware that Pingu44666 started a similar thread for GB Horde and I don't want to undo his good work in compiling a BG Horde community. However, that thread is now a couple of months old and it's possible some of those guys might have moved on to other games. Second, this is specifically for Hardcore mode.

Add the following GTs if you want to be part of this "community" which plays Hardcore Horde on a regular basis (all DLC highly desirable). We arrange games as and when people are online:

davidinwrofy

WalkerTR77

gateht

Jaytow

Wmaustin1337

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By swoxx

God speed to you, son.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By WalkerTR77

I could be tempted, I have the super reload and instagib mutators which make horde a lot more fun. Invite me if you need someone, preferably use mutators. I'm UK timezone if that matters.

GT- WalkerTR77

gateht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By gateht

Sweet. Add me too, gentlemen. GT: gateht

(edit: also GMT)

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By WalkerTR77

When is this expected to go down? I might be unavailable in the next week or so due to tests cropping up - give me a shout though.

davidinwrofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By davidinwrofy

@WalkerTR77: My intention was to link up a few people who are on Gears a lot and like a challenge from the get-go in Horde, who wanted to play Horde for an hour or two, just whenever there are three or four of us online. I wasn't planning it as an epic half-day "event", as such, but that could happen at the weekend, if we fancied going all the way to wave 50! I will add you and edit the first post with people's GTs.

gateht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By gateht

I'm always up for some Horde at the weekend! Less time mid-week.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WMWA

I just got the game this weekend; I'm down.

Gamertag: Wmaustin1337

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.