HIgher framerate or just me?

#1 Posted by Tahnit (139 posts) -

It seems as if the game is running at a higher framerate or something than gears 1 or 2. Or is it a new motion blur algorithm that is tricking the eye?

#2 Posted by big_jon (5660 posts) -

I'd imagine it's still 30 fps.

#3 Posted by Edwardryu (437 posts) -

it's called 'placebo effect'. all damn console is stuck at 30fps. you want more? PC is only answer. sad. Epic never made GOW series for PC (excepting GOW 1). but GOW 1 has lots of problem to run on PC. it's not compatible. so even I own it, I can't run because of freaking code problem. I am done.

#4 Posted by Jeffsekai (7017 posts) -

@Edwardryu said:

it's called 'placebo effect'. all damn console is stuck at 30fps. you want more? PC is only answer. sad. Epic never made GOW series for PC (excepting GOW 1). but GOW 1 has lots of problem to run on PC. it's not compatible. so even I own it, I can't run because of freaking code problem. I am done.

Can't tell if troll, or just dumb.

#5 Edited by AlexW00d (6062 posts) -

@Jeffsekai said:

@Edwardryu said:

it's called 'placebo effect'. all damn console is stuck at 30fps. you want more? PC is only answer. sad. Epic never made GOW series for PC (excepting GOW 1). but GOW 1 has lots of problem to run on PC. it's not compatible. so even I own it, I can't run because of freaking code problem. I am done.

Can't tell if troll, or just dumb.

Or just not English. Except the placebo comment, that's dumb/misinformed.

#6 Edited by DeanoXD (607 posts) -

the whole game feels overall better to me, from frame rate to character movement, they really polished up their engine for Gears 3 in my opinion.

#7 Posted by FlamingHobo (4475 posts) -

There isn't an increased frame rate but the engine may be better optimised and thus have a more consistently high framerate. This is me working with logic, not experience.

#8 Posted by EuanDewar (4513 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@Jeffsekai said:

@Edwardryu said:

it's called 'placebo effect'. all damn console is stuck at 30fps. you want more? PC is only answer. sad. Epic never made GOW series for PC (excepting GOW 1). but GOW 1 has lots of problem to run on PC. it's not compatible. so even I own it, I can't run because of freaking code problem. I am done.

Can't tell if troll, or just dumb.

Or just not English.

#9 Posted by Marz (5608 posts) -

frame rate during cutscenes seems alot worse, though actual gameplay seems to flow smoother.  But yeah it's a 30fps game.

#10 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -

@Edwardryu: If its the problem im thinking of i can probly help you fix it

#11 Posted by cwJoe (178 posts) -

I have a capture card and can confirm it only runs at 30FPS. The motion blur just makes it look/feel smoother.

#12 Edited by Edwardryu (437 posts) -

what a dumb some of you. you don't understand what placebo effect? then you are not deserved to tell me what English fix. so miserable when you can't talk something you don't get it. all other visual effect help gears of wars 3 to run more than 30fps (in your imagination). it's not just medicine what we talk about. I can't deal with fucking dumb here. geez.

#13 Posted by TheHBK (5407 posts) -

I think the framerate is better than the last games. I just spent the last couple of weeks playing through the campaign with my friend and we noticed not only did the game look better, man the first games character models are fucking ugly compared to this, especially Anya, but the framerate is better.

#14 Posted by Elusionar (309 posts) -

The cutscenes are still ruff.

#15 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Seems like the same Gears to me, decent framerate outside of cutscenes, some lag during them.

#16 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -

@Edwardryu said:

what a dumb some of you. you don't understand what placebo effect? then you are not deserved to tell me what English fix. so miserable when you can't talk something you don't get it. all other visual effect help gears of wars 3 to run more than 30fps (in your imagination). it's not just medicine what we talk about. I can't deal with fucking dumb here. geez.

You're trying too hard.

#17 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1522 posts) -

Gameplay is locked at 30, but I can swear it jumps higher than that. There are moments, especially in multiplayer, where I swear it's 60. That's a ridiculous thing to say but it's super smooth, has to be the animations or something because it looks smoother than 30.

#18 Posted by SpudBug (631 posts) -

Feels smoother to me too.

#19 Edited by big_jon (5660 posts) -

@Edwardryu said:

what a dumb some of you. you don't understand what placebo effect? then you are not deserved to tell me what English fix. so miserable when you can't talk something you don't get it. all other visual effect help gears of wars 3 to run more than 30fps (in your imagination). it's not just medicine what we talk about. I can't deal with fucking dumb here. geez.

Oh yeah? Well your neck has dumb face.

This is just gold.

#20 Posted by HistoryInRust (6215 posts) -

That one part where you're barreling down the highway in those two trucks runs so smoothly it's difficult for me to imagine the game runs at anything less than 45-50 fps, but I'd bet it's just some optical illusion. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.