Horde and Beast Insane mode (for medals)

#1 Edited by PredatorPT (20 posts) -

I couldn't help noticing the medals for completing horde and beast mode on insane (and their awesome titles) after watching the last TNT, however not a lot of people have the necessary level of insanity and patience to actually do it :P

So if anyone is interested in finishing horde or beast on insane send me a message

GT is Predat0r PT

#2 Posted by hbkdx12 (779 posts) -

I'd be willing to give it a try. 

GT: Melikefishnchip

#3 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -

Yeah... I think I'm gonna wait for someone to find a glitch that gets those medals, because all 50 waves of Horde on Insane sounds jacked.

#4 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8605 posts) -

The mutators aren't disabled right?
Get the super reload one and you'll be mowing through the locust, even on insane, especially with 5man.

#5 Posted by DonChipotle (2839 posts) -

I did Beast on insane but I am willing to do Horde on insane. GT: HopeOnFire04

#6 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

The mutators aren't disabled right? Get the super reload one and you'll be mowing through the locust, even on insane, especially with 5man.

Wait, there are mutators that actually help you? I thought they were all things that made the game harder.

#7 Edited by PredatorPT (20 posts) -

Yeah they can help you (comet is awesome), but beast without failing is hard as sh*t. (no mutators), thats why beast is a bigger priority for completion.

@DonChipotle: im concentrating on beast first since horde is a lot more fun (at least for me) and time consuming. Nevertheless you're welcome to help.

#8 Posted by dubs (43 posts) -

I'm in, GT: duberto

#9 Posted by davidinwrofy (71 posts) -

I'm hoping a future update will enable a choice of hardcore or insane for matchmade Beast games. At the moment, its fixed on Normal for matchmaking, like Horde, which isn't the best.

#10 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8605 posts) -
@natetodamax said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

The mutators aren't disabled right? Get the super reload one and you'll be mowing through the locust, even on insane, especially with 5man.

Wait, there are mutators that actually help you? I thought they were all things that made the game harder.

Aye, but most are locked.
For the reload one I had to get 100 kills with every starting weapon (shotgun/sawnoff/hammeburst/both lancers) for it to unlock.
But totally worth it, it gives that little edge in Horde mode.
#11 Posted by Sauson (561 posts) -

I'm down for trying this.

Add me my gamertag is R E D E E M 3 R

#12 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1601 posts) -

If you guys need more for Insane Horde mode, I'm in for that. GT: Captain Felafel

#13 Posted by Immovable_Force (7 posts) -

Im down for either, but really up for Beast mode.

GT-Glaeforcewin

#14 Posted by HistoryInRust (6397 posts) -

Insane Beast Mode is easier than it sounds. You just have to communicate and spot for your fellow Locust. Also, make sure someone is willing to play Kantus.

#15 Posted by PredatorPT (20 posts) -

Since i got a group together yesterday and did the horde and beast medals, this topic will just be used for people to message one another and build up teams for the various modes.

Game on people!

#16 Posted by DonChipotle (2839 posts) -

Sad that I missed it, but I am always, always up for some Horde mode shenanigans. Any difficulty.

#17 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1390 posts) -

I actually got through beast without failing by accident earlier today. I used the grenadier as soon as it became available and completely fucked everything up with those beautiful self-replenishing grenades.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.