Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Horde Command Map Pack Nov. 1

Korosuzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Korosuzo

I'll add a link below that links to Major Nelsons news about the new map pack for Gears 3. It contains 3 Horde/Beast focused maps that are available only for play in these modes...unless you want to play in private VS matches. I would like to say that I love Horde mode in this game more than anything but with the combination of releasing 3 maps that are on disc along with the inability to play these in TDM, Ring Leader, and really any mode other than Horde or Beast makes me really frustrated.

http://majornelson.com/2011/10/04/gears-of-war-3-horde-command-pack-available-nov-1/

On the plus side it is only 800 MS Points so I am just another person bitching about DLC but they seem to have half-assed this one just to fill their quota of 4 DLCs. I'd rather they fix the fact that I get a ranked disconnect every time I quit or the host leaves in a non-ranked (as there is no other type) Horde or Beast mode match.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Contro
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

10 Euro's

Burns09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Burns09

I bought the season pass, and I love horde mode. So yeah this pretty good news for me. Also Blood drive was an awesome horde map so I'm glad to see it back.

JudahJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JudahJones

Was thinking what a cool  character model Bernie was and now she's coming to multiplayer. Mechanic Dizzy also looks great. Now if my 4000 pt card would just hurry up and arrive in the mail, then  my body will be ready for this DLC goodness
    Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ares42
    @Korosuzo said:

I'll add a link below that links to Major Nelsons news about the new map pack for Gears 3. It contains 3 Horde/Beast focused maps that are available only for play in these modes...unless you want to play in private VS matches. I would like to say that I love Horde mode in this game more than anything but with the combination of releasing 3 maps that are on disc along with the inability to play these in TDM, Ring Leader, and really any mode other than Horde or Beast makes me really frustrated.

http://majornelson.com/2011/10/04/gears-of-war-3-horde-command-pack-available-nov-1/

On the plus side it is only 800 MS Points so I am just another person bitching about DLC but they seem to have half-assed this one just to fill their quota of 4 DLCs. I'd rather they fix the fact that I get a ranked disconnect every time I quit or the host leaves in a non-ranked (as there is no other type) Horde or Beast mode match.

The thing is though, I can definitely imagine that when the versus pack comes out it has the same exact maps just enabled for those modes.
    donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By donchipotle

I am getting it just so I can play as Bernie.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By JTB123

Looking forward to this, I don't need much of an excuse to play horde mode. 

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Afroman269

@Burns09 said:

I bought the season pass, and I love horde mode. So yeah this pretty good news for me. Also Blood drive was an awesome horde map so I'm glad to see it back.

This. It's weird that this isn't open to other game modes, maybe it will open up later on. It kinda has to because Blood Drive is a very popular map. Oh and awesome, Big Rig Dizzy. I was wondering when I would be able to get him, that piece of shit bot destroys everyone when he appears in a game

zaglis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zaglis

Holy fucking shit. They sure ''made'' them blazing fast

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm wondering.

Say I get this pack, my friend doesn't.
    When we play together on a launch map, will I be able to use the new updated stuff like command posts (just me, not him, since I got the DLC, he didn't)?
    Or will it revert back to standard so to speak?

afrokola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By afrokola

Bernie is amazing in the books, I was super bummed that I couldn't use her in multiplayer after I beat the game. I'm glad she's part of this first DLC pack, not to mention Blood Drive! Woooo!!

@Afroman269: I'm pretty certain it will be open to every multiplayer mode, just like the rest. I think they're simply commenting on how much people loved it for Horde.

shiptoncraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shiptoncraig

@zaglis said:

Everything in this DLC is on the disc already.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bwheeeler

@shiptoncraig: Is there proof? I've heard people say this all the time, but I've never seen anything outside of forum allegations.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Shadow

Crap, I don't have any euros. I guess I'll have to skip it

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Shadow

@zaglis said:

Can you really blame them though? The damn game was done 6 months ago and Microsoft just wouldn't let them release it.

DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

who's that dude in the black armour?
    TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheDoorman

@MagikOvenMit: Yes there is. Azura, blood drive and rustlung, along with bernie, big rig dizzy and onyx guard are all on the disk all ready. Its just locked, people who had jtagged xboxes were able to unlock them. Theres videos on youtube already of the maps.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Sooty

Are these the maps that are already on disc?

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DougQuaid

There's also two new weapon skins sets. Does that mean they're included in the pack or that they're two new skins sets that you can pay 'out the ass for?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By Vinny_Says

@TaliciaDragonsong: The upgrades are independent of the map, it's simply that you'll be able to upgrade your sentry 4 times while he will only be able to upgrade it 3 times.

ZebN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ZebN
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@Vinny_Says said:

@TaliciaDragonsong: The upgrades are independent of the map, it's simply that you'll be able to upgrade your sentry 4 times while he will only be able to upgrade it 3 times.

Great, so I can use the sniper and hammer of dawn backup and still play together?
    That's the thing, I don't wanna end up paying for stuff I can't use because my friends are smarter then me with their money. ^^
    GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GaspoweR

The reason why its on disc is to avoid having problems with people who didn't buy the content and not being able to connect to games or games suddenly disconnecting in the middle of a match kinda like what happened to Mortal Kombat. Not having the DLC content on disc pretty much fucked up multiplayer for weeks due to people not being able to connect to matches with other people who have the DLC.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bwheeeler

@GaspoweR: If that's the case, what's the plan for all the DLC that isn't on the disc?

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By clubsandwich

I think I'll just wait until everything gets a price drop, like in Gears 2. I'm pretty happy with what I already have in the disc.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By hbkdx12
    @GaspoweR: understandable but having people d/l compatibility packs or just patching it in can't be that big of a hassle surely

I don't mind the new maps or new weapon skins but i don't like the added upgrade levels for the fortifications. That just seems a lil unfair to me. I generally don't walk around with a sense of entitlement when it comes to DLC and such but I think that should be patched in for everyone for consistency sake (although if you can still play with someone who has access to the upgrades and still benefit from them then that makes it less of an issue)
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By niamahai
    @hbkdx12 said:
    @GaspoweR: understandable but having people d/l compatibility packs or just patching it in can't be that big of a hassle surely  I don't mind the new maps or new weapon skins but i don't like the added upgrade levels for the fortifications. That just seems a lil unfair to me. I generally don't walk around with a sense of entitlement when it comes to DLC and such but I think that should be patched in for everyone for consistency sake (although if you can still play with someone who has access to the upgrades and still benefit from them then that makes it less of an issue)
    Actually it is a MAJOR ISSUE for the consoles. Due to their close network system and specifically Xbox's lack of homogeneous storage capacity.  

Hopefully next gen we get auto-patching ala Steam. 

As fun as Horde mode is, I don't understand how can I play it non-stop despite not being able to complete 50wave in a single sitting.
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By 234r2we232

I'm sure I've seen a Big Rig Dizzy bot already in matches.

But these maps are just for Horde/Beast mode? Kinda glad I held off on buying the Season Pass now :P

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DEMONOLOGY_24 said:
    who's that dude in the black armour?
    An Onyx Guard. Chairman Prescott's personal security team. You see them briefly in the early stages of the campaign and face a wave of them at the end of Beast Mode. I expect he'll be a popular character skin, given how much everyone slathers over the Carmine brothers for their helmets alone. 
    Bryce3333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By Bryce3333

@HistoryInRust I know I'm slathering already

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rawrz

For horde and beast only? Really? Thats stupid. Sure they'll be added to competitive later on but its kinda dumb to have them restricted up front when every other map work for everything, and well because Blood Drive was a great vs map in Gears 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.