Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

i just borrowed this from a friend, and decided to try horde mode

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By phrali

no suitable matches found.

your connection to the host has been lost. WTF I THOUGHT THIS HAD DEDICATED SERVERS

after 30 minutes of trying to find a match at 6:30 pm EST i can't get into a single match, are you serious?

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By doobie

yeah this is the same for everyone. nobody can EVER get a game. am i serious

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By OldManLight

i read somewhere that the way people claim gears 3 has "dedicated servers" is a little misleading, not everything is on the dedicated servers. More specifically anything outside of Ranked matches is not on the dedicated servers.

As far as Horde goes, it's been mentioned by people at Epic Games that there are a lot more people playing horde in private matches rather than with randoms online. Also and somewhat unfortunately for you, with Battlefield 3, MW3 and Skyrim out more recently, a lot of people have shifted over to those, but there is some free DLC coming next week that should bring some more players back in.

thaijedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thaijedi

Ever since the update last wed/thurs it's been pretty bad at finding matches on every game type. I'm going to hold off for about a week and see if they fix it

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By deanoxd

playing with pubs isn't that fun anyways for horde, you always get people who bail after 15 rounds, it better with friends over XBL and now that i have unlocked this mutator horde 2.0 has gotten even better

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By ez123

I haven't had a problem in Co-op, Horde, beast, or multiplayer in terms of finding a match or lag. Horde doesn't have dedicated servers but it does have host migration so the "connection to host has been lost" thing is weird.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By intro

Horde and Beast online are not dedicated servers.

Ranked and Quick Match are and Ranked get priority over Quick match when finding a server to play on. Over 90% of matches are on dedicated servers.

Hope that helps. Also, I wouldn't recommend playing a full Co-Op gametype with random people online. It's a blast playing with friends in a private though. If not, you'll run into asshats who spend money on stupid things and don't try to help others.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.