Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Is the lag finally gone?

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By lavaman77

Gears 1 was nearly impossible to play at times because of the lag, 2 was slightly better but still had annoying lag that made me want to snap my controller in half at times. is this game anywhere near as smooth as the Call of Duty series or Halo? b

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By tunaburn

no lag at all. not one bit of lag. ive played 110 games too. its amazing. the only issues with the game are still overpowered weapons and such.
    but the gameplay is so smooth. its amazing.

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lavaman77
    @tunaburn said:
    " no lag at all. not one bit of lag. ive played 110 games too. its amazing. the only issues with the game are still overpowered weapons and such. but the gameplay is so smooth. its amazing. "
    You don't know how happy that made me when reading that, however i wonder if others had the same smooth experience too or not.
    tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tunaburn
    Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

It's insane how smooth it is, I don't think I can go back to Gears 2 when the beta ends.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tunaburn
    @OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
    " It's insane how smooth it is, I don't think I can go back to Gears 2 when the beta ends. "
    yea i wont be at all. ill stick with mortal kombat and starcraft 2 until gears 3 actually comes out.
    lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lavaman77
    @tunaburn said:
    " @lavaman77:
    i promise you there is no lag. they have dedicated servers now. and if you do player matches you will go straight from match to match in 30 seconds or less.
    it is super smooth.  check out this forum post here : 
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991468-gears-of-war-3/58818135/652754740 "
    I feel like crying, they finally got their shit together and realized that the game series couldn't go on with  the shitty lag.

@OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
    " It's insane how smooth it is, I don't think I can go back to Gears 2 when the beta ends. "

I don't think anyone can go back to gears 2, gears 1 is more likely even though the lag was worse there for me.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By big_jon

It is a lot better, It's more like a normal game.

There are times when I feel that shots are not counting on certain players but then I just quit and join another game and it usually works itself out.

This games Beta has launched ten times better than Gears of War 2 did and that was a full game. The funny thing is I was flipping out back then that they didn't have a Beta to work out the kinks on that game, looks like they learned my lesson.

I now have my three favourite shooters to choose from, Battlefield: Bad company 2, Halo: Reach, and Gears of War 3. Each are differnt enough from one another to over fresh experiences

Avatar image for delicious_brains
    Delicious_Brains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Delicious_Brains

It's pretty much perfect, the only trouble I had was when my xbox decided to set my NAT to strict but I got that sorted quickly.

The matchmaking system is really damn good.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By xyzygy

Reading this makes me so jealous of you guys. My connection can't handle gaming :(

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By DeathByWaffle

Yeah, never really noticed any lag in my time with the beta.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Agent47
    @tunaburn: Yeah I hope they fix the weapons.I love how the lancer is better now.You can chainsaw people if they shoot a shotgun to your chest which is awesome(in GOW2 you would die instantly or slow down).Makes you have to aim for the head when you try to use the Gnasher.I hate how I am the only guy in every GOW2 match I play who doesn't use the Gnasher it is such an annoying weapon.
    Habearu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Habearu
    @Agent47 said:
    " @tunaburn: Yeah I hope they fix the weapons.I love how the lancer is better now.You can chainsaw people if they shoot a shotgun to your chest which is awesome(in GOW2 you would die instantly or slow down).Makes you have to aim for the head when you try to use the Gnasher.I hate how I am the only guy in every GOW2 match I play who doesn't use the Gnasher it is such an annoying weapon. "
    Couldn't have said it better myself,  Gorgon pistol for the win.
    NickBOTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By NickBOTT

I've always said that if Gears ever got rid of host advantage and was lag free with dedicated servers it would be perfect.  Gears 3 is damn near perfect, the connections are smooth as hell, shots go where you shoot them and host advantage seems to have disappeared.  I def agree with some of the other posts that I refuse to go back to GOW2 when the beta is over.  Maybe if they do like a x50 or x100 XP weekend I'll consider it bc im at lvl 92, so close to lvl 100 lol.  Anyway the only thing keeping me from saying it's a perfect game is that damn sawed off lol but the connection is amazing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.