Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Lag?

RickJames123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RickJames123

Just realized this today, but I've been experiencing a shitload of connection problems.

1: Que times are 2-3 minutes (For me at least), of which prior were almost instant.

2. Every 2-3 matches, in the middle, it will say "Lost connection to host" and within 2 seconds go to the loading screen, change maps or restart the game on the same map with all bots and little to no actual players.

3. In a Team Deathmatch a couple minutes ago, I was playing and it felt like Gears of war 2 in terms of connection. When I was roadie running I skip forward 2-3 feet, back 5 feet, when I'm in cover I'd shoot out onto an insivible wall, etc. etc.

Is Epic having server problems, or is this just me? I thought they fixed this shit.

Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Bobstar

Yeah, I'm having the same issues, Dunno what it is though.

RickJames123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RickJames123

@Bobstar:

Phew, thought I was the only one.

bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bombHills

Did this just start today? I haven't had much lag happening and I played quite a bit over the weekend.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By lead_farmer

Haven't experienced that much, but I haven't played in about a week. When I did it was often the host disconnected issue.

RickJames123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RickJames123

@bombHills:

Yeah, It was happening yesterday as well but it's just gotten worse. Last couple matches have been smooth, but regardless was wondering if something is up.

ds8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ds8k

I thought this game used dedicated servers? The jumping around you're noticing is the server trying to fix itself and put you where you're supposed to be.

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Moody_yeti

i have noticed it more and more over the past couple of days,noticeable lag when using the shotguns is totally awesome -_-.

JM12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JM12088

I had disconnects last night and the game trying to find another host which made me wonder if the servers had gone down. Seems alright today though.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Still_I_Cry

I was just about to post something about this.

I do not disconnect but it seems like every game I join is excessively laggy and it is frustrating as hell.

I do not have this problem with other games so I do not know what the problem is.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By RandomHero666

The only times Gear 3 has been lagging for me was when I was on wireless or downloading something.

Also if you have a Moderate or strict NAT setting it can make it a bit tricky to find good matches

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.