Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Maybe they should do something about idling in matches?

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Shadow

Okay so I was playing the Gears 3 beta last night and must have fallen asleep while playing a match. I already had the volume on super low and controller vibration off so I guess that's why I didn't wake up immediately. I did finally wake up just now (roughly 6 hours later) to the sight of anya (me) getting repeatedly punched in the face. The game boots you for not touching the controller for a certain amount of time, but I'd fallen asleep with controller in hand and seem to have been constantly pushing the left stick slightly to the left the entire time I was out of it so it didn't seem to register as me being gone. Curious, I decided to exit out to the main menu.  I found that while sleeping, I'd acquired two new character models, a new weapon skin, and had 63 matches played (as opposed to the comparably small number I had before losing conciousness). Don't get me wrong though. I'm not complaining; unlocking that golden lancer, which I'm now much closer to, is my whole reason for playing the beta. However, judging by the collection of XBL messages I woke up to, it wasn't a pleasant experience for my team members. So in the retail game...maybe epic should do something to not let that happen? Maybe something like "press A to continue to the next match"? Or booting someone out for having thirty matches in a row with no kills? I don't know if that's on their priority list of stuff to fix, but I see it as a potential problem. If nothing else though, I seem to have found a good way to boost the hell out of matches played in the beta.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I think the bigger problem is falling asleep during the game. Doesn't speak too highly of the fun-ness of the game. 

thesandwicher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By thesandwicher

Yes. Because OBVIOUSLY if your controller is registering movement, it CLEARLY means you are away.  Wow, just wow...
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By KaosAngel

...wait Gears adopted the TF2 style of idling makes you better?

Dude, count me the fuck in.  I love idling in TF2!  Ranked in almost 400 hours doing it!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman

I don't think Epic should be responsible for people accidentally griefing their teammates. Just don't fall asleep. And if people are trying to boost that way, then that's fine, the other people will just leave.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Afroman269

I would love to see the impact that had on a K/D ratio.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By bybeach

That was genuinely a funny read, waking up to being bitched slapped and a whole bunch of welcomed perks accrued. Sounds like a good day for me if I tried MP, never having played.
    Colt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Colt

This isn't something epic needs to fix.. its something you need to. It's not a problem because its not normal for people to fall asleep pushing a controller for hours. Also couldn't the host kick someone who was causing problems?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.