My Most Anticipated Game EVER!!!

• 110 results
#1 Posted by JokerFrown (305 posts) -

I don't think that I have ever wanted a game more then I want Gears of War 3. I sunk hours upon hours upon hours into the beta, and I cannot wait to sink dozens more into the final release. Heck, I even started playing Gears 2 again in anticipation for Gears 3. This game cannot get here any sooner!!!! Heck it even has one of the best if not the best trailers ever made imo.

September 20th, get here now please. Kthxbi.

#2 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

I liked the trailers for the previous games better, but ya I'm looking forward to this game too.

#3 Posted by JokerFrown (305 posts) -

@Afroman269: This is true. The Mad World trailer is my personal best trailer of all time, but there is a sense of urgency in the Gears 3 trailer that matches if not surpasses the Mad World trailer. =D

#4 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

Kind of funny that the game drops on my baby's due date.

#5 Posted by GunstarRed (5542 posts) -
@csoup
You could say it's your babys emergence day.
#6 Posted by niamahai (1394 posts) -

@csoup said:

Kind of funny that the game drops on my baby's due date.

trying hard to recall any hole-specific one liners from gears

#7 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Kinda sad. Why such excitement? It's just going to be more of the same...

#8 Posted by dagas (2949 posts) -

Good for you. Personally I bought the first Gears and never understood what the fuzz was all about. It just felt like Halo in third person with a gray and brown filter on it. But that's just me I guess, most people seem to love Gears.

#9 Posted by JokerFrown (305 posts) -

@TheMustacheHero: Three words. Lag. Free. Multiplayer.

#10 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@TheMustacheHero said:

From the sound of it, not so much. Jeff seems to think it's going in a much more mature, interesting place with the characters and story, and as usual the gameplay is getting significant new mechanics, weapons, etc. There are three great Star Wars movies, and the thing that ruined the series was getting AWAY from what made the original so great.

#11 Posted by JJOR64 (19095 posts) -

I enjoyed the first two games so I will get this one. Hope the multiplayer is better in this one. Didn't like the multiplayer in Gears 2.

#12 Posted by ArcLyte (898 posts) -

@marioncobretti said:

@csoup: You could say it's your babys emergence day.

i laughed.

#13 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

@dagas said:

It just felt like Halo in third person with a gray and brown filter on it.

Your kidding right? Its nothing like Halo.

#14 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Not my most anticipated game (that's a battle between Deus Ex: HR, Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3), but I love the series and I am definitely excited about it.

Some of my fondest gaming memories of recent years is playing these games splitscreen with my missus, enjoying great 3PS gunplay, the funny dialogue, surprisingly decent writing/plot, and the overall style.

Gears gets a lot of shit from people, but I think Epic achieved a surprisingly unique, effective mix between the above elements that surpasses many games of a similar ilk.

And that's forgetting the sweet multi and whatnot.

#15 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Really? While I liked Gears 2, I just have absolutely no interest in this game right now.

#16 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
Really? While I liked Gears 2, I just have absolutely no interest in this game right now.
My exact thoughts. There's so many more "better" games coming out.
#17 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -

This reminds that Ocarina of Time was probably the most anticipated game ever for me. I had to wait for Christmas to play it. It was worth it at the time.

#18 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@TheMustacheHero said:

@TheGreatGuero said:
My exact thoughts. There's so many more "better" games coming out.
#19 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2734 posts) -

I think I'd be a lot more excited if I didn't play the living shit out of the beta. Still super pumped though, I'll probably be playing the multiplayer for quite some time.

#20 Posted by Landon (4164 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 is trying to create a personal experience based on choices of the last two games while trying to seamlessly tie RPG and shooter into a single game. 
Skyrim is trying trying  to combine what made Morrowind and Oblivion great in one massivly epic RPG.
Uncharded 3 is offering not only an extremely great single player mode, but also improving on the multiplayer that was so good in Uncharted 2. 

And Gears 3 has lag free multiplayer? Not seeing the excitement. No doubt it will be a good game, but I don't see how it's THIS game that you're losing sleep over.

#21 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I wasn't really excited until I played the beta.  I didn't like the multiplayer in the first 2 games, but the beta for this was incredibly fun.

#22 Posted by Zacagawea (1624 posts) -

My most anticipated game also. Everything about it seems fucking awesome.

#23 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@Landon said:

Mass Effect 3 is trying to create a personal experience based on choices of the last two games while trying to seamlessly tie RPG and shooter into a single game. Skyrim is trying trying to combine what made Morrowind and Oblivion great in one massivly epic RPG.Uncharded 3 is offering not only an extremely great single player mode, but also improving on the multiplayer that was so good in Uncharted 2. And Gears 3 has lag free multiplayer? Not seeing the excitement. No doubt it will be a good game, but I don't see how it's THIS game that you're losing sleep over.

The multiplayer has been vastly improved over Gears 2 and the campaign is looking to be highly polished and solid. It's easy to make ignorant assumptions about stuff. I'm still way fucking stoked for the other games you listed though. Gears is just another franchise that I love and I can see why someone would be stoked for it.

#24 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -

@Afroman269: Do you love your goddamned Gears?

#25 Posted by Bobstar (324 posts) -

I wonder when Sweep will see this thread. 

Also, this too is my most anticipated game ever, can't wait till it gets out.

#26 Posted by Vinny_Says (5729 posts) -

Yo son I haven't even played the first Gears, never touched the multiplayer in Gears 2 and somehow Gears of War 3 is my most anticipated game this year.

Meanwhile, the followup to one of the best multiplayer games I've ever played and in which I sunk hours and hours, Battlefield 3 is nowhere to be found on my excitement radar. It's bizarro world I tell ya!

#27 Edited by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@Claude said:

@Afroman269: Do you love your goddamned Gears?

I love many games, some more so than others. Gears is one of the franchises that I will defend though.

Come at me motherfuckers!

@blacklabeldomm: The first two games are cheap as shit now, you should check them out.

#28 Posted by gamb1t (963 posts) -

you know this game like sucks and theres other better ones coming out

#29 Posted by JokerFrown (305 posts) -

@gamb1t: And like how do you like know that the game will like suck. I mean like have you like played the like finished like game? How like do you like know that the game will like suck when it like releases like?

#30 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5826 posts) -

Ok.

Not my kind of game, but whatever, I hope it lives up to your expectations.

#31 Posted by laserbolts (5384 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero
I'm going to assume you never played the beta.
#32 Posted by gamb1t (963 posts) -
@JokerFrown said:

@gamb1t: And like how do you like know that the game will like suck. I mean like have you like played the like finished like game? How like do you like know that the game will like suck when it like releases like?

like 1 and like 2 sucked duhhhhhhhhhhhhh you stupid or something ese, vatos locos for liF3 h0lm3s you lLIKE DaT
#33 Posted by DerekDanahy (882 posts) -

Yeah I'm pretty stoked about it too. Do you guys think they'll make another theatrical trailer to run as an advertisement before the game releases?

#34 Posted by Gargantuan (1887 posts) -

The multiplayer in Gears 1 and 2 was bad so I dunno if I'll buy Gears 3 day one. Co-op is very fun though.

#35 Edited by Thor_Molecules (732 posts) -

From what I have seen, it's more of the same stuff with minor, incremental changes.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed plowing through locust with my buddy on the couch with Gears 1 and 2, but Gears 3 doesn't really seem to do anything new. I will definitely pick it up, because it's going to be a solid game, but I don't expect it to blow me away or something. It's just more Gears.

#36 Posted by JokerFrown (305 posts) -

@Buckfitches: Beast Mode is not new? Dedicated Multiplayer Servers is not new?

#37 Posted by Yamoto (109 posts) -

The game seems decent  but there are lots of much better games coming; 
also that trailer did not impress me and its absolutely not the best trailer for a game 

also i am not gonna spoil anything but the ending is soooo fucking dumb 
#38 Posted by JTB123 (1044 posts) -

I'm with you on this, I can't wait to play it. I almost consider the beta a release due to how much time I put into it.

After seeing the ask me anything, I am slightly less excited about the campaign from a gameplay standpoint though, I hope you fight regular locust equally as lambent, on insane the exploding enemies are just frustrating and result in cheap deaths.

#39 Posted by DharmaBum (1049 posts) -

I wish just for once the tone established in the trailers was actually present in the game.

MARIA!

#40 Posted by zombie2011 (5096 posts) -
@dagas said:

Good for you. Personally I bought the first Gears and never understood what the fuzz was all about. It just felt like Halo in third person with a gray and brown filter on it. But that's just me I guess, most people seem to love Gears.

Have you played the game? The game couldn't be anymore different than Halo in what ways is it even close to being like Halo?
#41 Posted by Thor_Molecules (732 posts) -

@JokerFrown: Dedicated servers isn't new, maybe for the gears series, but there are plenty of games with dedicated servers around, have been for years.

And beast mode, while looking like a ton of fun, is just another type of Horde mode, and personally, I got tired of horde pretty fast in Gears 2.

I'm not trying to put the game down, by any means, and i'm buying it day one, but I just don't understand people being psyched out of their minds for this.

#42 Edited by JTB123 (1044 posts) -
@Buckfitches: I think the people who are really excited are the ones who have put a lot of time in the multiplayer between both games. Yes, 90% of the time the MP in Gears is all over the place, but when everything works as it should, it really is great. Gears 3 is finally giving what anyone still playing the older games wants; realiable multiplayer.
#43 Posted by Yamoto (109 posts) -

Not gonna lie the first thing i think when someone says Gears 3 is my most anticipated game ever is  
YOUR TASTE IN GAMES IS PRETTY POOR  
i am not saying gears 3 is trash i am just saying when your most anticipated game ever is a generic 3rd person shooter with a bad story sure the gameplay will be fine and i am sure it will have a decent online but....yeah the game will be fine but YO ITS LIKE GEARS 2 BUT MORE CONTENT AND LOOKS A LITTEL DIFFRENT AND IT HAS A BAD STORY YEAH GOTY BITCHES  

#44 Posted by HatKing (6197 posts) -

This game is different, that's why people are excited for it.  Say what you will about the quality of the Call of Duty games' multiplayer, the truth is that it is copied verbatim about once every month.  So while a good Call of Duty game comes about once every two years, we've played so much shit like it in the intermediary that Modern Warfare (and probably even Battlefield 3) won't feel like something new when we play them.  Gears of War is a fairly unique multiplayer shooter experience.  On September 20th when we all put that DVD in for the first time, it won't feel stale from playing Bodycount, Deus Ex, Call of Juarez, Duke Nukem, F.E.A.R. 3, Brink, Homefront, Crysis 2, Bulletstorm or any of the other fast-paced, 'pull-left-trigger-to-aim-then-right-trigger-to-shoot' style shooters that have been released since the last Call of Duty game. 

If you're interested in a fun multiplayer game, then Gears of War seems like a very logical game to be your "most anticipated game."  I'm even pretty excited to play the game, despite being a pretty decidedly single player gamer.

#45 Posted by Winger (151 posts) -

I'm excited because of all the time I put in to Gears 1 MP.

Most of us have technically already played the fucking game, and I know its everything I ever wanted for the series.

Better games coming out? Like what, that demon souls expansion? Bad company 3? Call of duty 8? Generic western RPG 5?

#46 Posted by NTM (7610 posts) -
@JokerFrown: Eh, definitely not for the multiplayer no matter how fun that is.
#47 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@laserbolts said:
@TheMustacheHero
I'm going to assume you never played the beta.
I haven't turned on my Xbox in 4 years...soooo no.
#48 Posted by JTB123 (1044 posts) -
@HatKing said:
This game is different, that's why people are excited for it.  Say what you will about the quality of the Call of Duty games' multiplayer, the truth is that it is copied verbatim about once every month.  So while a good Call of Duty game comes about once every two years, we've played so much shit like it in the intermediary that Modern Warfare (and probably even Battlefield 3) won't feel like something new when we play them.  Gears of War is a fairly unique multiplayer shooter experience.  On September 20th when we all put that DVD in for the first time, it won't feel stale from playing Bodycount, Deus Ex, Call of Juarez, Duke Nukem, F.E.A.R. 3, Brink, Homefront, Crysis 2, Bulletstorm or any of the other fast-paced, 'pull-left-trigger-to-aim-then-right-trigger-to-shoot' style shooters that have been released since the last Call of Duty game.  If you're interested in a fun multiplayer game, then Gears of War seems like a very logical game to be your "most anticipated game."  I'm even pretty excited to play the game, despite being a pretty decidedly single player gamer.
Very well said duder.
#49 Posted by JokerFrown (305 posts) -

@HatKing: I love you.

#50 Posted by NickBOTT (473 posts) -
@HatKing: Amazingly put.   

Def looking forward to this game! 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.