Prestige gears style.

#1 Posted by Moody_yeti (369 posts) -

Epic have released news for their 3rd dlc piece titled

*Fenix rising*

Giving players the chance "re-up" once they hit level 100,Unlocking new weapon skins along the way as well as a shiny new emblem? :S

As someone who has reached the cap for Gears online it will be cool to get something out of it now,albeit a worthless weapon skin.

Anyone else interested in this or is it just me?

The pack also comes with 5 new MP maps and 4 new MP skins.

Full stuff over here >> http://epicgames.com/community/2011/12/gears-of-war-3-kicks-off-the-new-year-with-%E2%80%9Cfenix-rising%E2%80%9D/

#2 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

Bioshock 2 also had a "Pay us money and we'll let you prestige"

I didn't pay then and I wouldn't pay now. I don't play competitive MP games enough to even reach the highest rank without having to do it all again just for another emblem next to me name.

#3 Posted by Moody_yeti (369 posts) -

Wont be paying money for the *emblem* will be just getting it for the maps/skins.

Also Bioshock 2's Mp was kinda meh,played enough to get to the cap when it was released but didn't care after that.

#4 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

5 new maps is what they should have advertised first....but I'm no PR person.

#5 Posted by JTB123 (1044 posts) -

Be very interesting to see how they alter Escalation from Gears 1, I really hope they do something with beast mode, seems like that has been forgotten about.

#6 Posted by Moody_yeti (369 posts) -

@JTB123 said:

Be very interesting to see how they alter Escalation from Gears 1, I really hope they do something with beast mode, seems like that has been forgotten about.

Really hope its not like Overpass , ie the team with the higher ground win most of the time.

#7 Edited by JTB123 (1044 posts) -

@Jaded_Racoon: They're going to have to alter the weapons for starters, seeing as the hammerburst is no longer a pick up and the Boltok is considerably more dangerous this time. I can't imagine it will be as bad as overpass though, there were two sniper rifles and two grenade pick ups for the people that spawned at the bottom. It sure does look pretty though and I can't see any major changes from this snap.

Fuck overpass though, that map was complete garbage even before they further messed up the power weapon placement.

#8 Posted by Pingu44 (107 posts) -

So the DLC has gone Horde mode, campaign add on, versus add on... Last one will be Beast? Please? No more of this 12 wave bullshit, and instead a full 50?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.