Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

SBE11: Now rated world's worst blog.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Edited By demontium

TBH the title was just to attract viewers. 

Anyways lets get to the point, which will basically just piss people off and get more people NOT on my side. 

Gears of War 3: the game we all weren't expecting right? 

So this is my realization to why.... this game is just soo uneeded. 

Me playing Gears 1: "Oh, awesome executions, unique weapons, a thrilling multiplayer, and... an expectingly short campaign; who cares, this game is awesome!" 
    Gears 2: "Oh... oh, look, the lighting there is a.... a bit better. They still only have 2 colors on their pallete: black and white. The multiplayer still is good... thats good..... glad I rented it."
    Gears 3 trailer: "So.... 4 players.... thats, thats just adding more, not fixing nor advancing.... this looks completely gay. Also, the story has become so predictable and- screw it." 

Epic does not get the point- they are a great developer. I am not sure if they have some contract with MS and are forced to do this.  

Shadow Complex wasn't as innovative as GeoW, but it was a great game. I see so much potential wasted with this game. 

Ads on Jimmy Fallen make me facepalm even harder. 

Hope your nice and mad. Yeah my name is red.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By demontium

TBH the title was just to attract viewers. 

Anyways lets get to the point, which will basically just piss people off and get more people NOT on my side. 

Gears of War 3: the game we all weren't expecting right? 

So this is my realization to why.... this game is just soo uneeded. 

Me playing Gears 1: "Oh, awesome executions, unique weapons, a thrilling multiplayer, and... an expectingly short campaign; who cares, this game is awesome!" 
    Gears 2: "Oh... oh, look, the lighting there is a.... a bit better. They still only have 2 colors on their pallete: black and white. The multiplayer still is good... thats good..... glad I rented it."
    Gears 3 trailer: "So.... 4 players.... thats, thats just adding more, not fixing nor advancing.... this looks completely gay. Also, the story has become so predictable and- screw it." 

Epic does not get the point- they are a great developer. I am not sure if they have some contract with MS and are forced to do this.  

Shadow Complex wasn't as innovative as GeoW, but it was a great game. I see so much potential wasted with this game. 

Ads on Jimmy Fallen make me facepalm even harder. 

Hope your nice and mad. Yeah my name is red.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By turbomonkey138

Well as we have not seen any Gears of war 3 footage then making an assumption on a reveal trailer is stupid .

My name is red too

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By demontium
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " Well as we have not seen any Gears of war 3 footage then making an assumption on a reveal trailer is stupid . "
    no it is not. I am not saying the game will be bad, I know it will be good. It is just sad to see Epic waste their dev time.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @demontium said:

" @turbomonkey138 said:

" Well as we have not seen any Gears of war 3 footage then making an assumption on a reveal trailer is stupid . "
    no it is not. I am not saying the game will be bad, I know it will be good. It is just sad to see Epic waste their dev time. "

" this looks completely gay.."

Sounds like your saying its bad to me .
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By demontium
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @demontium said:

" @turbomonkey138 said:

no it is not. I am not saying the game will be bad, I know it will be good. It is just sad to see Epic waste their dev time. "

" this looks completely gay.."

Sounds like your saying its bad to me . "
    Yeah, it does look completely gay, there is no sign of change and to me that is just retarded. But yes, the game technically will be a good game. 

It is just going to piss me off. Hard to explain, hopefully you understand it.
    Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

There are a lot of things Epic needs to iron out for the multiplayer though. I don't think a patch would fix it, nor would it get them the attention they would want for the radical things they need to change. Basically, think of Gears 3 as Super Gears of War.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By TomA

I thought the worst blog was WoW.com

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8  Edited By wefwefasdf

Sounds like your upset the game is another sequel... And can you find a better word to use to describe you dislike something than gay?

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By carlthenimrod

Beast mode looks like a ton of fun, and what is to not like about 4 player co-op?

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By demontium
    @carlthenimrod said:
    "Beast mode looks like a ton of fun, and what is to not like about 4 player co-op? "

Both are cool, but this blog was introduced before beast mode. 

The game still looks like the same old shit i did last time with new features, but I was mainly commenting on what we knew so far (4 player coop) and it turned out ny mind is unchaged.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By EpicSteve

Developers don't need to reinvent the wheel with every game. I'm sure Gears 3 will be another well-made 3 shooter.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By flaminghobo
    @demontium said:
    " TBH the title was just to attract viewers. "
    @demontium said:
    " this looks completely gay. "
    @demontium said:
    " I am not sure if they have some contract with MS and are forced to do this. "
    You are so, so, so ignorant.

EpicSteve put it in the best way possible:
    " Developers don't need to reinvent the wheel with every game. I'm sure Gears 3 will be another well-made 3 shooter. "
    And don't use the word 'gay' to describe games either, you just end up looking like a complete tool.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By ryanwho

Apparently its okay for western games to rest on their laurels yet eastern games are shat on specifically for resting on their laurels.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By demontium
    @FlamingHobo said:
    " @demontium said:
    " TBH the title was just to attract viewers. "
    @demontium said:
    " this looks completely gay. "
    @demontium said:
    " I am not sure if they have some contract with MS and are forced to do this. "
    You are so, so, so ignorant.

EpicSteve put it in the best way possible:
    " Developers don't need to reinvent the wheel with every game. I'm sure Gears 3 will be another well-made 3 shooter. "
    And don't use the word 'gay' to describe games either, you just end up looking like a complete tool. "

Hurray for out of context quoting. 

An no, they do not need to reinvent the wheel, didn't say they did. 

They also don't need to give us the same wheel 3 times over.
    GamerForLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By GamerForLife

wow you are a tool, "dont judge a book by its cover" damn dude you havent evan seen the whole game and your calling it gay... your a douche. and why do you want something way different? What do you want them to do make it first person, or a racing game, or tetris EXTREME. wanting something different is stupid they didnt change it too much cuz they still want the same Gear of War feel to not some stupid cheap MW2 feel.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#16  Edited By Icemael

Considering that Gears of War is still the pinnacle of cover-based shooting, 3 doesn't really need to introduce any drastic changes. Small refinements and additions like the roadie run chainsaw attack and the new enemy types are more than enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.