Some jackass just stole my Silverback in horde mode.

#1 Posted by bkbroiler (1625 posts) -

Popped out to repair it, he jumped in first. Then he promptly runs off to do be a loner on the other side of the map. That's the point where I quit random horde mode. :(

#2 Posted by davidinwrofy (71 posts) -

That shit happens, man. Gotta guard you're S'backs! Hopefully when you left it ended the game for him!

#3 Posted by Kandycane2029 (511 posts) -

You expect more from Gears players?

#4 Posted by SuperSambo (2865 posts) -

Thats why you play with friends

#5 Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar (1179 posts) -
@Kandycane2029

You expect more from Gears players?

Pretty much. I decided to play through the story in arcade mode online and some asshole decided I didn't want to see the cut scenes before he stole my silverback.
#6 Posted by GiantBomber (350 posts) -

1. Find out his gamertag

2. Re-invite him to a game

3. Get his IP address

4. Track down his home address

5. Take a shit in his shoe

#7 Posted by Alexandruxx (228 posts) -

Pound his ass.

#8 Posted by believer258 (11898 posts) -

Report him and move on with your life. It isn't worth worrying over too much...

#9 Posted by davidinwrofy (71 posts) -

@bkbroiler: Yeah, definitely give him a negative rating and make him an "Avoid" player: that way you should never meet him online again!

#10 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@believer258

Report him for getting in a vehicle with no one in it? There's no rules against it.

EDIT: Accidently posted without typing my response on the mobile site.

#11 Posted by bkbroiler (1625 posts) -

Yeah, mostly I'd been playing horde mode with my friends, but sometimes I like to listen to podcasts and mindlessly kill AI. I was mostly mad because I had to actually start playing again once I lost it. And at that point I just decided it wasn't worth it and I quit. I think the game was over for the 2 remaining players soon after that.

I didn't report him or anything. I guess I could have, but it was really just a dick move and nothing more. Just bummed me out, really.

I do like some of the suggestions in this topic. I shall shit in his shoe!

#12 Posted by believer258 (11898 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@believer258

Report him for getting in a vehicle with no one in it? There's no rules against it.

There is, however, an option for reporting unsportsmanlike players. I forget what it's called, it isn't that, but it's there. At least it was when I last checked.

#13 Posted by zymase (158 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@believer258

There is, however, an option for reporting unsportsmanlike players. I forget what it's called, it isn't that, but it's there. At least it was when I last checked.

Avoid this player > Game behavior > Unsporting conduct.

I had the exact thing happen to me on Horde. Cashed in on a dozen waves' worth of point man ribbons and got the Silverback for one wave. Jumped out to repair it, and the asshat jumped in and took it down the stairs (on Overpass), effectively guaranteeing it wouldn't survive the wave. Hadn't rage-quit in a while, but that definitely warranted one.

#14 Posted by bkbroiler (1625 posts) -

Yeah. And it's less "my video game ride!!!!" and more just like, I wish I didn't have to play the game cautiously avoiding other players in case they steal my shit.

#15 Posted by laserbolts (5321 posts) -

Damn thats a bummer dude. I had that happen to me before and I havent done public horde since. Its just that with a game like gears you get way more kids than normal so this kind of stuff is bound to happen. Its pretty crazy how xbox has so many more kids playing than on the other consoles. You can tell that its an xbox exclusive when 95% of the time you die in multiplayer you are gettting the equivalent of tea bagged. Not a dish on xbox though because I do love me some xbox.

#16 Posted by MB (12384 posts) -

What's worse -

a) The type of person the topic creator is describing who stole "his" Silverback

or

b) The guy you run into online all too often that always immediately runs for "his" Silverback, then spends the entire match yelling at other players for using it wrong if he doesn't happen to get to it first.

#17 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3051 posts) -

Why were you hogging it in the first place?

#18 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

@MB said:

What's worse -

a) The type of person the topic creator is describing who stole "his" Silverback

or

b) The guy you run into online all too often that always immediately runs for "his" Silverback, then spends the entire match yelling at other players for using it wrong if he doesn't happen to get to it first.

this, that's why I never play Horde without friends.

#19 Posted by bkbroiler (1625 posts) -

@MB said:

What's worse -

or

Wait, so I'm the bad guy because I saved up and bought the Silverback and was using it? It's not like I wasn't being a team player, but it's not like we're all sharing the Silverback. We had three people fighting in the same area, and the other two guys were one completely opposite sides of the map. We're all doing are own thing, all I want is for some guy to not jump in "my" Silverback for the three seconds I'm not actually in it.

#20 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1407 posts) -

@GiantBomber said:

1. Find out his gamertag

2. Re-invite him to a game

3. Get his IP address

4. Track down his home address

5. Take a shit in his shoe

hahahaha this a million times

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.