Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Split-Screen + System-Link (5 players, 3 Xboxes)

RussianDrink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By RussianDrink

Hi guys, I'm trying to set-up a small LAN party of 5 people and 3 Xboxes and do all 50 waves of Horde mode. Basically there will be 2 players split-screen + 2 players split-screen + 1 player single screen. Now we don't have the luxury to test it out and I'd rather not have people make long drives only to find out the set-up doesn't actually work.

Does anyone know if Gears 3 allows that? (We'd all be connected to the same network by a router.) I'd really appreciate an answer because I haven't been unable to find any concrete information online. Thanks, duders!

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By 71Ranchero

If you have xbox live on all 3 consoles then I am sure it would work. Doubt that it would just work over LAN though.

Spidergoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Spidergoat

I've tried this exact setup. It works like a dream.

EDIT: although it took some fussing over versions. Basically, if it's not connecting to the system link party in game, make/use a silver account and get online briefly. We found that updating everything was necessary, and a minor pain in the ass, but it's a one time deal and then everything works perfectly from then on.

RussianDrink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By RussianDrink

@Pingu44: Yup, same here. We were having issues until I realized someone didn't update their copy.

Spidergoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Spidergoat

@RussianDrink said:

@Pingu44: Yup, same here. We were having issues until I realized someone didn't update their copy.

Glad to hear you got it all working dude.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.