Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Take A Peak At Gears 3 DLC Pack 1

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Afroman269

Here's some footage of one of the maps, Rust Lung, and some of the additions to Horde that is coming in the first bit of DLC, hitting November 1. It comes with 3 maps, which are unfortunately only accessed in Horde or private matches. I think this is really stupid but it will probably be open for competitive modes later, I mean come on, fucking Blood Drive is coming in this pack. (Make joke about extra charge here)

And because people are sure to say it, this stuff is already on the disc. It sucks, I know, but I already have the season pass because I know I'm playing the shit out of this. No thank you and good day on the weapon skin bundles.

Peek....kill me now.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'm getting this just for Blood Drive. Hopefully Epic gets this pack on Public Matches ASAP.

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RobbieMac

I imagine they will probably make playlists for map packs like GoW2, so no worries here.

TPoppaPuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By TPoppaPuff

Is it actually known that ALL of it is already on the disc? I can see the skins, upgrades, and weapon skins being on disc (not saying i agree with it), but the maps as well? Maps are fairly substantial in size relative to a dvd and I'm honestly finding it hard they had enough disc space to hide 3 extra maps.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By RobotHamster

I wanted to get the season pass but I can't afford anything at all now, does anyone know how long I have to still get it?

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DougQuaid

Big Rig Dizzy? Ughhhh! Why does there need to be another version of such a shitty fucking character?

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RobbieMac

@RobotHamster:Pretty sure it will be available for a while. You have time.

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Crixaliz

@RobotHamster: I think it will always be an option.

The L.A. Noire 'rockstar pass' and the Mortal Kombat 'season pass' are both still available months after release.

razorzxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By razorzxz

Thanks for the heads up, great video. The characters are a little shit but nevertheless, I better nab myself that season pass now.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Afroman269

@TPoppaPuff said:

Is it actually known that ALL of it is already on the disc? I can see the skins, upgrades, and weapon skins being on disc (not saying i agree with it), but the maps as well? Maps are fairly substantial in size relative to a dvd and I'm honestly finding it hard they had enough disc space to hide 3 extra maps.

There was a screenshot of the game that showed Azura, Blood Drive, and Rust Lung faded out on the leaderboards. They're in the game. I think those are the only maps that are locked away.

@DougQuaid said:

Big Rig Dizzy? Ughhhh! Why does there need to be another version of such a shitty fucking character?

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By godzilla_sushi

@Turtlebird95 said:

I'm getting this just for Blood Drive. Hopefully Epic gets this pack on Public Matches ASAP.

I really enjoyed Blood Drive. All the pillars and cover seemed really well spaced between all the power weapons. The back staircases made for some really intense end games. It was probably the best map they made for Gears 2. With stuff like Ruins, I guess it wasn't very hard to beat. Big ole' thumbs up for it.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By DarthOrange

I'm not a big competitive multiplayer guy, so more co-op stuff sounds great! (even if it is already on the disc)

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By 234r2we232

I'm sure I've played a match with a Big Rig Dizzy bot :/

Anyway, they're not really doing a great job with this Season Pass thing by releasing a non-verses pack as the thing that's supposed to make it look like some great deal. I could totally see them not amending them for verses too - if it's too much of an effort to have them ready now, why ever bother? *sigh* Guess I'm not buying the Season Pass then?

bozosc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By bozosc

I was playing against 3 guys that already had big rig dizzy unlocked last night it was weird

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.