Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

team deathmatch sucks

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tunaburn

first off i love gears of war 3. But the team deathmatch mode is horrible and thats all anyone plays on here. It's not fair to me that i dont die at all but my team burns through 15 lives insanely fast. Then i finally die once after getting 8 kills and now i dont resapawn. While my shit teammates have had 3-4 lives each.

if they really need a respawn mode each player should have 3 lives. not a shared 20. This isnt call of duty.

also it takes away that feeling you get from execution or warzone. when its just you and 3 of the enemy left. and your team is watching you. and you take out 2 of them... and then its 1 vs 1... and its so intense.... that was awesome

thats not in team deathmatch because 99% of the time one team still has respawns so they just bum rush you over and over....

anyone else agree?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AlexW00d

Team deathmatch generally blows in all games.

SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SadPatrol

Ok

RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RoyCampbell

The versus modes in that game are absolutely awful. Beast and Horde mode, man. Beast and Horde mode.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CaptainCody

Yup, TD is pure garbage. GoW 1 forever the best game. Kung fu flips all day.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By JTB123

I agree with what you said but it's the players that suck. I've got back on Gears 3 over the past couple of weeks and when I don't have a team to play with I just play KOTH or CTL, the whole point of TDM is to make every spawn count, it's just too bad that most people take that to mean "as long I get one kill per spawn I'm doing it right". It is pretty annoying seeing people that are 3-10 at the end of the match.

I suppose this bright side is that it keeps your deaths to a minimum :)

RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RoyCampbell

What is most experienced in my playing of the versus modes is dudes excessively rolling about, shotgun or map-placed weapons in hand, rapidly jumping between walls and cover when approached.

I mean really. The versus modes are cheesed beyond what I could have ever thought Gears could be cheesed. It's not fun, guys. Gritting your teeth and playing something as unenjoyable as that isn't what vidyag's are about.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Canteu

@RoyCampbell: Sorry, but coversliding is not cheesing. It is what makes good players good, and bad players bad. This is how GoW works and has always worked.

What do you want? Everyone to be sat behind a piece of cover the entire game? No, this is not how it works.

RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RoyCampbell
    @Canteu said:

@RoyCampbell: Sorry, but coversliding is not cheesing. It is what makes good players good, and bad players bad. This is how GoW works and has always worked.

What do you want? Everyone to be sat behind a piece of cover the entire game? No, this is not how it works.

You sound like a gross person. Talk down to the Xbox Live kids while you binge out on your Gears; don't bring that shit here. I'd find a video of this cover-sliding business but that'd require me to actually care to continue this argument.
    Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Canteu

@RoyCampbell: I barely play. I haven't spoken to anybody on xbox live for about 4 years.

Bringing gears of war talk into a gears of war thread. Shame on me

You just seem mad that you're not very good because you don't want to "cheese" the game.

Lemme guess... you use Sawed-off and Retro.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By GoofyGoober

LOL Gears multiplayer period. It as a whole should not be taken seriously.

elyk247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 25

#12  Edited By elyk247

@CaptainCody said:

Yup, TD is pure garbage. GoW 1 forever the best game. Kung fu flips all day.

I totally forgot about that. How about the crazy crab-walking too? Gears 1 was so much fun to screw around with.

Spidergoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Spidergoat

@RoyCampbell said:

The versus modes in that game are absolutely awful. Beast and Horde mode, man. Beast and Horde mode.

This. I liked versus in 1, but now I see no reason to play anything other than Beast or Horde.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By laserbolts
    @GoofyGoober

Weird how you think that but I think gears 3 is one of my favorite multiplayer games of all time. I absolutely love it. What would you recommend instead?
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Vinny_Says

Call of Duty 4 was the only game on xbox that does team deathmatch right....the only game.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tunaburn

@laserbolts said:

@GoofyGoober

Weird how you think that but I think gears 3 is one of my favorite multiplayer games of all time. I absolutely love it. What would you recommend instead?

just for them to put it back to the way gears used to be. exection and warzone modes. i hate that they changed it into gears of duty

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By GoofyGoober

@laserbolts: Now hold up there slick, I never said Gears multiplayer sucked, it is fun, but it goofy combat kinda makes it hard to take seriously. But then again I really don't take any mp game seriously. Meh. As for the topic, if you don't like team deathmatch, don't play it. Last time I checked warzone and execution were still available.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By laserbolts
    @tunaburn

@laserbolts said:

@GoofyGoober

just for them to put it back to the way gears used to be. exection and warzone modes. i hate that they changed it into gears of duty

But those modes still exist and finding a game in them is instant so I don't get it. Since you called it gears of duty though I have zero interest in replying to you anymore.
    tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tunaburn

@laserbolts: you are completely wrong. there is an average of 300 people playing ranked exection. and 100 playing ranked warzone. finding games in those take forever. and yes gears of war completely went the route of call of duty adding team deathmatch with lives exactly like call of duty. its not gears of war with fucking respawns in the normal mode.

P00zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By P00zombie
    @RoyCampbell
    @Canteu said:

You sound like a gross person. Talk down to the Xbox Live kids while you binge out on your Gears; don't bring that shit here. I'd find a video of this cover-sliding business but that'd require me to actually care to continue this argument.
    What's wrong with cover-sliding? I'm honestly asking and not trying to be a "gross person". It seems like a completely viable tactic- heck. It's discussed in the official guide as not only an efficient (and safer) way to cross the map, but it's great for quick escapes and creates opportunities in close quarter combat.

Is this something that is really looked down upon? Once again, I'm honestly asking.
    Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Canteu

@P00zombie: From what i've seen, it's only looked down upon by people who either can't do it, or are pissed off when others do it and they don't know how to do shit all about it.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#22  Edited By bibamatt

I, like the majority of people playing the game (looking at how the player-base is spread across modes), think that TDM is fucking great in Gears. Execution and Warzone are still there, fighting strong, but I personally don't like them as much. I played a bit of GoW1 and 2, but nowhere near as much as TDM in 3.

*shrug*

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By big_jon

That's why I play Warzone.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vexxan

Gears of War 3 was made for Horde mode.

Go play Horde mode!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.