Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Update causing matchmaking issues/problems

thaijedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thaijedi

So I got the 3 MB update today for GoW3 and every time I try matchmaking, it can't find a suitable match or says that the version the host is on is different from mine. Anyone else having the same problem?

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By PandaBear

Yup ... I'm in Australia. My router is setup fine, my wireless connection is solid, my NAT is open, 114 in my region playing, 2577 in the world. And I can't find ONE match? I've NEVER had this much trouble with the game until the update. I get matches withing 30 seconds usually.

Another fine patch from the makers of Gears of War 2 matchmaking fiasco. (Ok, that's harsh... but man I was looking forward to playing this game tonight... such a kick in the pants.)

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Vanek

I just tried playing for the first time in about a week and it was horrible. I used to only wait a few seconds before it found a game and connected, but now it takes ages and fails half of the time. It also drops the connection to the host between matches now which is a pain in the ass.

My solution is simply to not play it. I have so many other games to play and hopefully it will be sorted sometime in the future. It's ridiculous that they managed to take something that worked fine and totally fuck it up.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PandaBear

Did some searching the web and forum trawling but came up with nothing... how frustrating. I think we're on our own here...

I won't be able to try it again for a few days... but hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PandaBear

Ok so I tried it again (found some spare time, a few hours actually) and it works again. It did take longer to find games, but it could just be a bad night. So yeah, not 'back to normal' but nearly. Crisis averted haha

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wampa1

Just got the game yesterday and having the same issue, has a solution been worked out yet?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.