Was there any benefit to not shooting the ash statues in Char?

#1 Posted by xxizzypop (577 posts) -

I was doing an awesome job about watching my shots, and then my AI squad let loose during a firefight and wiped a bunch out.

It just made me question, was there any real benefit for not destroying any?

#2 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Yes. An achievement and a storeroom of goodies unlocked later.

#3 Posted by CVslyy (21 posts) -

(little spoiler) It doesn't matter if the ai people shoot any. As long as you do not shoot any the achievement will unlock when you are about to meet Griffin. You'll see a lady behind a barred door and she'll say "I guess not all COG are not that bad" (or something to that effect) and open the door to a fully loaded ammo room.

#4 Posted by project343 (2837 posts) -
@CVslyy

(little spoiler) It doesn't matter if the ai people shoot any. As long as you do not shoot any the achievement will unlock when you are about to meet Griffin. You'll see a lady behind a barred door and she'll say "I guess not all COG are not that bad" (or something to that effect) and open the door to a fully loaded ammo room.

That's awesome. I know what I'm doing when I get home. :D
#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@xxizzypop said:

I was doing an awesome job about watching my shots, and then my AI squad let loose during a firefight and wiped a bunch out.

It just made me question, was there any real benefit for not destroying any?

What level is this? I just started. Im at the "Mmmmm Bacon" line

#6 Posted by DeanoXD (613 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man: (SMALL SPOILER) its a late game mission called ashes to ashes if you don't damage any of ash people when you get to were you are going look for a room with iron bar door with a women inside and walk up to it, you will know if you succeed

#7 Posted by Kanden (132 posts) -

I think it's the very 1st chapter in act 4.

#8 Posted by Mordi (553 posts) -

Hmm, I'm sure I shot some of the ash-bodies, and I got the ammo storage and that comment, I think. Not completely sure, but around 85% sure. I definitely got a bunch of ammo and some weapons right after Ice-T's memorable performance.

#9 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

Yeah I exploded 1 guy by accident and still got the achievement.

Better question: Is there any benefit to shooting ALL the ash statues in Char?

#10 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3082 posts) -

You can't shoot them OR walk into them, but the AI can.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.