Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Weird subtitles...

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Did anyone else notice that the subtitles omit all of the harsh swear words, such as "fuck" and "shit" even if they are said in dialogue, but for some reason around Act 4 the game just forgets that it was doing that and gives the full dialogue in subtitles.

Just something I noticed that I thought was odd, I don't really understand why they would cut the words out in the first place.

benjamimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By benjamimmy

I noticed it too. I wasn't sure if I was imagining it at first, because sometimes it was there, other times it wasn't. I feel like it was the voice actors themselves throwing in the swear words that may not actually be on the scripts at certain parts to make it seem more intense maybe? Which is a good thing, because it wasn't over done and worked well with the situations. =)

DickDarlington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By DickDarlington

In the options for the game you can choose to tone down the violence and language in the game. It seems like they have the subtitles on "Safe" mode no matter which version of the game you decide to play.

wafflez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By wafflez

They probably threw them in after the subtitle script was finalized. Happens quite often.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Commisar123

Probably just easier to write one safe script, and the curses aren't vital to understanding what is going on

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.