Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

What's the deal with Casual Mode?

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By metalmoog

Does it have a level or xp cap before it becomes locked out? I was in a match weeks ago against a dude that was way higher level than the rest of us and just owning the whole team. He was way too good to still be trolling in Casual Mode picking off us noobs.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By CornontheCobbe

@MetalMoog said:

Does it have a level or xp cap before it becomes locked out? I was in a match weeks ago against a dude that was way higher level than the rest of us and just owning the whole team. He was way too good to still be trolling in Casual Mode picking off us noobs.

What level are you now may I ask? I remember my casual mode locked after my first time playing it, however i was at least level 10 or so I believe.

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By RobbieMac

I never even got to play in it, guess because it read that I had played GoW1 and 2.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60

God. Whenever somebody makes a topic with a title like that I read it in Seinfelds voice.

whatwait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By whatwait

@CL60 said:

God. Whenever somebody makes a topic with a title like that I read it in Seinfelds voice.

oh my god.

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Vanek

I'm pretty sure it doesn't have an EXP limit before it locks you out. I'm new to Gears of War and I got locked out around level 18, basically at the point where I came to grips with how to play and started doing well.

It's a shame because I'm not that great at the game so most of the time I get totally destroyed in the normal mode. I wish I could go back to casual and have a chance again ... >.<

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By laserbolts
    @CL60

You are not alone.
    eastcoasteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By eastcoasteric

I'm only a level 14 and it's locked for me, I honestly don't think that it was ever unlocked..of course I have a record with the past 2 gears games...so maybe it's for newbies only?

It's kind of confusing....but it's a great thing for people who are new to the game because normal matches can be pretty brutal to people who aren't seasoned.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By intro

It's only available for awhile if you haven't played Gears 1 or 2.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By metalmoog

But I have played Gears 1 & 2 and have them both on my save file. Not multiplayer though. I think I'm around level 8 or 9 or something cannot remember.

Glad it invoked Seinfeld thoughts. Seinfeld was one of the funniest shows ever made, no problems there. :D

beckley205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By beckley205

Im 31 and still have it and I played the other two so I dont know?

Mooseslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Mooseslayer

I played Gears 1 and 2 and I was locked out of casual mode immediately. And I wasn't all that leveled up in Gears 2. So I don't know. Also, now I keep picturing Seinfeld doing a whole set on the subject of the Gears of War universe. Like, "What's the deal with the Queen? She's clearly a human but she's leader of Locust?" There's something there, but I can't quite figure it out.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Three0neFive

Casual Mode?

Seems kind of redundant, if you ask me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.