Why is it so hard to find a Beast Mode match?

#1 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I've been sitting here for like 10 minutes.

Watching this god damn game sit there and try to find a match.

And attempting to join 20 different matches.

And every time it doesn't work it has to find 20 more matches.

And when those don't work it has to find 20 more matches.

And when those don't work I blow my fucking brains out.

WHY.

#2 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

#3 Posted by DonChipotle (2655 posts) -

Lack of teams fighting to the death means no one wants to play it

#4 Posted by Afroman269 (7388 posts) -

No issues on my end. It takes longer than the other playlists but it still works.

#5 Posted by hbkdx12 (779 posts) -

Just played my first string of beast mode matches

It does take longer to connect but holy shit is it worth the wait. 

Everything Jeff said about it on the TNT is on point. It's short and just as it gets good and you unlock levels and new locusts, it's over.

The centipede is a blast and will basically clean house as long as you keep the COGs in front of you so they can't shoot the tail. 

Being the berserker and just going berserk is just beautiful when you're on the right level. I played the Berserker on mercy and it's small enough yet open enough where everything is just a blur once you get into the zone. Played with it on trenches and it wasn't as fun due to the tight narrow ways

#6 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I finally got into a match.

With one other dude.

>:

#7 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4655 posts) -

I have been trouble getting into all gametypes but the casual mode. In fact I have yet to play anything else.

#8 Posted by CookieMonster (2408 posts) -

I'm occasionally finding difficulties with joining any kind of game type. It either takes me 2 seconds or 10 minutes to get a game.

#9 Posted by Marz (5608 posts) -

I think it's the only mistake with horde and beast mode at this point, there is no hop in hop out like the quick matches in the versus mode.  You end up having to wait for a full party which takes a long ass time.

#10 Posted by djkangal (2 posts) -

Is the difficulty level the key? Because I can't join ANYTHING on Hardcore.

#11 Posted by Vinny_Says (5630 posts) -

I thought you said GoW was a bunch of fat dudes walking slow and bro-ing out....did you cave in?

#12 Posted by Enigma777 (6047 posts) -

Cause you're not playing with me.

Enigma777

:)

#13 Posted by djkangal (2 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

I thought you said GoW was a bunch of fat dudes walking slow and bro-ing out....did you cave in?

Replace "dudes" with "bears" ;)

#14 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6936 posts) -

Or me. Me and my group got through Insane difficulty in 11 minutes. I'm now number 370 in the world on Checkout on Insane difficulty. If you want to play, hit me up. GT is MariachiMacabre.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.