Yes, People Can Fly is Working on Gears of War Judgement [UPDATED]

• 181 results
#151 Posted by Kungfu_Teddybear (10 posts) -

I don't think I'll even bother with this one, I was really disappointed with Gears of War 3. I was really looking forward to it, got the Epic Edition and even bought the season pass, but I haven't even bothered to get any of the DLC so that was a waste of money.

#152 Posted by Rawrz (590 posts) -

No idea why all the hate for Baird. He is a dick but I always find his asshole remarks quite funny and it gave him way more personality then Marcus and Dom had. Why are people crying too soon? The game will come out next year and every Gears game besides Gears 3 released every 2 years and well next year will be 2 years since 3 released.

#153 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I probably won't play it if it's a prequel.

#154 Posted by jamesisaacs (221 posts) -

Baird is lame on his own but with the Cole-train...WOOO BABY!

#155 Posted by Lukeweizer (2653 posts) -

I got burned out on Gears 3 really fast because I played so much Gears 2. Definitely not biting at the hip for this one. IGN is also reporting it's a prequel, which is even more un-interesting to me. We know Baird and Cole make it out alive. Not all that interested to see what happens if I know the end outcome.

#156 Posted by XeliasSeraph (3 posts) -

@Napalm said:

Honestly, a new Gears Of War game is the very last thing I wanted. Unless, this is releasing on the Xbox 360, I can't see them carrying Gears Of War over to the next console cycle without rebooting and retooling the entire thing.

Really? I'm surprised another Halo isn't the last thing you wanted.

#157 Posted by vurt23 (4 posts) -

too soon

#158 Posted by GrandMarshal (387 posts) -

finally the chronicles of Baird!

#159 Posted by Blair (2504 posts) -

Castlevania... JUDGEMENT!

#160 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -

@ck1nd said:

Is Bulletstorm a good game that has been bogged down by bandwagon hate? I can never truly find a reliable source that doesn't sound overly exaggerated about whether or not it's a good game.

It was only $9.95 at my local GameStop, so I could always just pick it up if it's worth it.

For $10 it's a steal. Only negative thing I can say is that the controls can be strange sometimes.

#161 Posted by Jaxley (63 posts) -

You've spelt Judgment wrong.

#162 Posted by Wuddel (2090 posts) -

Seems a good fit.

#163 Posted by captainanderson (258 posts) -

Pretty sure I've had my fill of burly men and chest high walls.

#164 Posted by mpgeist (597 posts) -

I like that Baird is featured. He was my guy in multiplayer and the more people hated on him the more fun I had, lol.

#165 Posted by Hellfire2122 (17 posts) -

More like "YES!!!! People Can Fly is Working on Gears of War Judgement!"

#166 Posted by VeRKK (97 posts) -

I am a big fan of the Gears series, and don't have a problem with PCF making it, but I really do not like Cole and Baird as characters, but, I am still willing to give them a chance and see if it is to my liking.

#167 Posted by loopy_101 (287 posts) -

Gears of War 3 basically closed the series, why bother making another one?

#168 Edited by mr_woo (38 posts) -

Boooo! I wanted a sequel to Bulletstorm from PCF rather than another bloody Gears.... game. Nothing against Gears, even though I wasn't a fan of 3, but I'm not interested in anymore of that series. PCF deserve better, Bulletstorm was utterly terrific and one of my favourite shooters/score attack games in years. Great developer. Very self aware taking the piss out of the whole 'dudebro' style' and General Serrano is one of the best sweary, non PC villains to be in a game in ages. Hell I can understand if people are put off by its dialogue/attitude but I love it, great game.

#169 Posted by Veektarius (4768 posts) -

I dig Cole and especially Baird. My understanding is that some of the interstitial fiction out there is about the two of them. I'm betting on a mid-quel, between Gears 1 & 2

#170 Posted by a2rian (9 posts) -

wonder if it'll be an xbox durango/720 launch title. familiar franchise with new developer could revamp the franchise, appeal to gears fans and intrigue people someone on the fence of throwing down $ for a new console. depends on how much they change form Epic's approach. especially if they keep innovating horde mode.

#171 Posted by CharlieJz (35 posts) -

everyone loves Baird... right?

#172 Posted by Sweep (8841 posts) -

WHY ARE COLE AND BAIRD IN CHAINS THIS IS NOT CANON

>:(

#173 Posted by zombie2011 (4972 posts) -

More Cole Train in GOW i'm up for it.

#174 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Baird and Cole buddy cop game I'm in

#175 Posted by Elyk247 (366 posts) -

So long as there is Horde mode their will be $60 in the hands of People Can Fly. I'm not joking, really.

#176 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Just gonna leave this here...

...that's right! People Can Fly brought us a Robot Dinosaur shooting LAZERS out of its eyes! You can't get it more right than that in my book. Excited!

#177 Posted by ThatIndianGuy7116 (253 posts) -

Sad, I was hoping they'd be done with the Gears series, unless this is just a prequel. I just hope they don't try to drag this series out too long

#178 Posted by Euphorio (77 posts) -

I find it increasingly difficult to get excited about another sequal to another shooter that is starting to outstay its welcome. THis is the same story as CoD and Halo.

These games were so great at one time, and they had such groundbreaking concepts. At one point or another, though, they just start kincking the dead horse, as it were. I was one of the BIGGEST fans for CoD at first, but year after year it's just another game with minimal changes. Here's hoping People Can Fly will take a chance and break the GOW mold.

#179 Posted by Cubical (637 posts) -

Remember when people can fly and Epic did good games like unreal tournament and painkiller and not this gears of war console noob crap?

#180 Posted by Nilazz (613 posts) -

I have a feeling that this will be similar to Halo ODST, with the multiplayer portion of Gears of War 3 coming " free " with it.

#181 Edited by ez123 (1956 posts) -

@Nilazz said:

I have a feeling that this will be similar to Halo ODST, with the multiplayer portion of Gears of War 3 coming " free " with it.

There's going to be new multiplayer, Rod Ferguson confirmed it. Epic is making Overrun and multiplayer and People Can Fly is making the campaign.

#182 Posted by Nilazz (613 posts) -

@ez123 said:

@Nilazz said:

There's going to be new multiplayer, Rod Ferguson confirmed it. Epic is making Overrun and multiplayer and People Can Fly is making the campaign.

I see, well so much for that theory.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.