COG and Locust Armour on the way for Avatars

#1 Posted by FlamingHobo (4482 posts) -

It's a shame that they don't have the gritty feel about them, but apparently it's against MS rules.
Personally I think they look just a bit too childish, but I'd love to have Lancer prop for my avatar.
No word on prices just yet, but I imagine they'll cost around... 240 Points max?

#2 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

If you roll up to the podium in 1 vs 100 wearing any of that shit, there will be ten of thousands of people simultainiously laughing their fucking arses off.

#3 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

They look silly when they're not on hulking behemoths.

#4 Posted by FlamingHobo (4482 posts) -
@jonnyboy: I was thinking exactly the same thing.
#5 Posted by Radar (887 posts) -

I hate the idea of buying virtual stuff that has no purpose at all... But I'm tempted to just to cover up their ugly faces.

#6 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

This kind of shit should be free with the unlock of certain GOW achievements. Retroactively of course.

#7 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

They look cool but there's no way I'm paying money for them.

#8 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

the locust one looks damn stupid, cog ones alright...but its too clean

#9 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

o god

#10 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -
@Radar said:
" I hate the idea of buying virtual stuff that has no purpose at all... But I'm tempted to just to cover up their ugly faces. "
this, I hate their ugly faces
#11 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -

Avatars suck. I'd rather have a picture than a stupid little man.

#12 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

In other news, I was at a bar called The Cog the other day. 

#13 Posted by StarFoxA (5146 posts) -

I'm betting they'll be more like 400 points, knowing Microsoft.

#14 Posted by h83r (468 posts) -

The Halo Mini-Warthog for your avatar is going to go for 320 points, and that seems to be the most expensive thing they've shown off. And given the popularity of Gears, I think that Microsoft feels that they can get away with charging that much for just costumes. Hell, I even know some people that wouldn't think twice about paying that much for something like that. Me personally, I think buying virtual clothing for your avatar is just about the biggest waste of money, ever.

#15 Posted by sgjackson (529 posts) -

Looks like dirtbike or ATV gear.

#16 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I would suggest you all stay away from this gear. (I mean, specifically the GoW stuff and Halo stuff.) Honestly why would you want to look like every other avatar? Buy something unique, in my opinion.

#17 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@jonnyboy said:
" If you roll up to the podium in 1 vs 100 wearing any of that shit, there will be ten of thousands of people simultainiously laughing their fucking arses off. "
I was thinking it would be funny because everyone in the crowd would be wearing the same exact thing. The COG outfit.
#18 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero: If I'm  in the crowd and everyone around me is wearing this stuff, I'm selling my Xbox.
#19 Posted by FlamingHobo (4482 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:
"I would suggest you all stay away from this gear. (I mean, specifically the GoW stuff and Halo stuff.) Honestly why would you want to look like every other avatar? Buy something unique, in my opinion. "

I agree with this point, but I doubt there will actually be a huge lot on the marketplace to begin with, we'll have to wait and see.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.