Gears 3 Release Date Already Leaked?

#1 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
#2 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

Ha, we'll see.

#3 Posted by DragoonKain1687 (702 posts) -

Please make it happen!

#4 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

Ugh, no doubt I'll buy it, start playing online, hate it, think it's broken but continue playing.

#5 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

Whether this is true or not it's weird seeing all the big games getting released early in the year.  But it's also really good that games are getting released at these times too.

#6 Posted by ManMadeGod (1552 posts) -

I had a feeling that this was going to be reveled at E3, but who knows.

#7 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

Yes!!!!!! 

Fucking Gears 3.

#8 Posted by Atlantus_Air (187 posts) -

I hope they fix the character models somehow. I hate the GINORMOUS amount of bulk all over their bodies. It's just stupid.

#9 Posted by Ghostiet (5224 posts) -

I just hope they'll make a final boss fight that isn't aimed at pussies and fix the net code. And a PC version would be nice, although that's unrealistic thinking.

#10 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
@Ghostiet said:
" I just hope they'll make a final boss fight that isn't aimed at pussies and fix the net code. And a PC version would be nice, although that's unrealistic thinking. "

I'll never touch another Gears game on PC, not after the last.
#11 Posted by ProfessorEss (7280 posts) -
@Ineedaname said:
" Ugh, no doubt I'll buy it, start playing online, hate it, think it's broken but continue playing. "
I salute your honesty. :)
#12 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

The only thing about GoW 1 and 2 that wowed me were the visuals. 
Since that wow-factor has worn off, i'm not greatly interested in the third game...
#13 Posted by yani (413 posts) -

I would have thought that they would go for a "holiday" release date with something like this.  Then again, maybe they want to have Natal be the only big thing for the Christmas run in.

#14 Posted by Ghostiet (5224 posts) -
@Linkyshinks: Good that you posted. What was the problem with the PC port from People Can Fly? Apart from the crime against mankind which Games for Windows is, I haven't got many problems with it so far...
#15 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -

Well, then was Cliffy just messing around when he said he might be more willing to talk when it was sunnier (or whatever he said upon those lines)? Or I wonder, if this were true, if EPIC has some other game announced for E3.

#16 Edited by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

Cliffy B. has been talking too much about Natal so I'm worried Microsoft will force Gears of War 3 to be compatible with Natal which could explain a Q2 release since Natal is supposed to be out this holiday. Last iteration still suffered from "skip-cutscenes-unless-you-want-to-cringe-idis"... Uncharted spoiled me, better cover system too.

#17 Posted by CaptainObvious (2993 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
" @Ghostiet said:
" I just hope they'll make a final boss fight that isn't aimed at pussies and fix the net code. And a PC version would be nice, although that's unrealistic thinking. "
 I'll never touch another Gears game on PC, not after the last. "
Care to elaborate? I had a good time playing Gears of War on PC.
#18 Posted by Alphiehyr (1083 posts) -

They could've teased us sooner. My GOW3 page was deleted.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.