Gears of War Movie back on track.

Posted by Inzzy (106 posts) -

At this year’s Comic-Con this year an semi-official news was given about the faith of the Gears of War movie. Back in April the movie was canned when Len Wiseman who was the director at the time decided to jump off the wagon. New news however might suggest that there might in fact be a new Gears of War movie in development, Cliff Bleszinski (Game Designer) has confirmed that the company is back to square one and are now looking at scripts for the movie.

The old script had a budget of $100 million and had a 2012 feel to it, where the new script they are looking for will have a lesser budget and will go for a District 9 feel. Bleszinski hopes these changes will have more movie studios show their interest towards making this game into a movie.

#1 Posted by Inzzy (106 posts) -

At this year’s Comic-Con this year an semi-official news was given about the faith of the Gears of War movie. Back in April the movie was canned when Len Wiseman who was the director at the time decided to jump off the wagon. New news however might suggest that there might in fact be a new Gears of War movie in development, Cliff Bleszinski (Game Designer) has confirmed that the company is back to square one and are now looking at scripts for the movie.

The old script had a budget of $100 million and had a 2012 feel to it, where the new script they are looking for will have a lesser budget and will go for a District 9 feel. Bleszinski hopes these changes will have more movie studios show their interest towards making this game into a movie.

#2 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I wonder what part Nicolas Cage will play.
#3 Posted by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -

We will see how this turns out.

#4 Posted by Andrela (622 posts) -
@PeasantAbuse said:
" I wonder what part Nicolas Cage will play. "
Cameo as Dom's wife
#5 Edited by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

The Pendulum Wars era could be cool. I think, even with todays special effects, Locusts' would look cheesy.

#6 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
@crusader8463 said:
" We will see how this turns out. "
i could already tell you that the acting and story is going to be horrible but the computer stuff are going to be good.
#7 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

will ice T be in it.

#8 Posted by wrecks (2318 posts) -

bummer.

#9 Posted by TurboMan (7725 posts) -

This movie will receive a 34% rating on Rotten Tomatoes

#10 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

Will this movie have ze multiplayer?  And how many playerz will it support?

#11 Posted by Colonel_Cool (808 posts) -

Gears of War wouldn't make a very good movie.

#12 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -
@Colonel_Cool said:
" Gears of War wouldn't make a very good movie. "
Why?  There's no plot to tie down the writers creativity.
#13 Posted by blazerx9x (648 posts) -

#14 Posted by septim (774 posts) -

How does losing the director and the financing, then announcing they are back to square one, somehow mean it's back on track?

I love the Gears games, but even I am the first to admit that character and story are not the series' strong suit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.