New Unreal Engine - Gears of War (3) Tech Demo

#1 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Epic Games have showing off their latest version of  Unreal Engine at this years Game Developers Conference in San Francisco... 

#2 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

Killer.
Can't wait.

#3 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

not greyscale??? lolz...

#4 Posted by Tebbit (4460 posts) -

Looks snazzy. Although I guess its more of an evolution than a revolution.

#5 Posted by mikeeegeee (1554 posts) -
@crunchUK said:
" not greyscale??? lolz... "
lolzzzzzz!!!! Yeah, I dunno. Hard to get me excited about a new Gears game, but I'm a sucker for a new engine. And this one looks.. well I mean... the video was effective?
#6 Posted by ptys (1933 posts) -

Do we really need another Gears?.. it's a bit stale. I reakon they're working on something different personally.

#7 Posted by swamplord666 (1758 posts) -

whats the tech being shown here? Just seems like a weak teaser to me...
Regardless, I'm looking forward to gears 3 :)

#8 Posted by Kazona (3064 posts) -

The video quality is pretty poor, and dark as hell. Kind of hard to judge it. But the screenshots look very good, definitely a step up from the previous gears.

#9 Posted by Evilsbane (4592 posts) -

Looks nice, I am totally down for some more Gears.

#10 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -
@ptys said:
" Do we really need another Gears?.. it's a bit stale. I reakon they're working on something different personally. "
they they've said its a trilogy... you'd be a massive idiot to think they werent going to make a third.  

i swear i remember them saying they were waiting for next gen? Anyone can correct me on that if my memories wrong
#11 Posted by Kbm600 (446 posts) -

Finally. If those screenshots are accurate, I am going to like this one so much more. One of the biggest reasons I hated Gears Of War 2 was for its bland and completely boring environments. This looks far more appealing.

#12 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -
@ptys said:
" Do we really need another Gears?.. it's a bit stale. I reakon they're working on something different personally. "
No. Bleszinski has already stated that he doesn't feel that the Gears universe is "tapped" by any means and that he personally plans for at least one more game.
#13 Edited by BraveFart (298 posts) -

cool

made me think of Jurassic Park

#14 Posted by ez123 (1956 posts) -
@ptys said:
" Do we really need another Gears? "
Yes, we do.  I played the other two so much that it doesn't have to come out this year but at some point, I will NEED another one.
#15 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

piss poor quality video that shows very little.  
people are getting excited over this? 

from the looks of those screen shots, it looks like they are still trying to compete with Uncharted 1. 

#16 Edited by jakob187 (21663 posts) -

Those screenshots can't be related to Gears of War in any way.  There is green in them. 

Also...whatever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.