Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War

Franchise »

Humanity is at war with an underground enemy known as the Locust horde, and the player must use cover and team work to survive.

Rumour: Gears: Judgement was the 1st of a Trilogy

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Gears of War license was/is one of the most successful projects for the current gen. GoW prints money, therefore we should expect more games in the future. Thus, according the latest rumor, GoW: Jugdment could be the first game in a new trilogy based on the Gears universe.

Apparently this info has been extracted from a CV of one person that has worked on GoW: Jugdment. Please, check it out for yourselves: ..

No Caption Provided

vgleaks: Rumor: Gears of War: Jugdment, first title in a new GoW trilogy

If they were to re-release Judgement on XONE, then I think it'd be neat. Have some more content and stuff, gobs more story, etc.

And it'd be dope to see some Unreal Engine 4 running on next-gen. :O

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Didnt the contract with epic and ms finish ? they were rumors of a gears of war game for the ps4 but i think any sequel to gears or war should wait. Judgement didnt wow that many people which is the same for God of war

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

That's some flimsy ass proof, but you don't really need proof to know there'll be another Gears game.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Didnt the contract with epic and ms finish ? they were rumors of a gears of war game for the ps4 but i think any sequel to gears or war should wait. Judgement didnt wow that many people which is the same for God of war

Lol, that's been the internet's theory since Gears 2. If that's an actual question, the answer is no one knows.

I think it makes sense to go multiplatform going into a new generation but then there's stuff like this. It makes it sound like they're still working with EPIC. Or maybe he's just downplaying Gears to talk about the new exclusives.

The only rumor was that screenshot of Gears Redux with the PS4 logo that was confirmed to be fake.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Bahahahaha, It's fucking hilarious how publishers can't let stale franchises just die.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Oh man, I had sincerely forgotten Judgement even came out.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By colourful_hippie

Some people have some low bars for rumors that they pay attention to. Even if this was true though....meh

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Judgement was super forgettable. Can't say I would pay for anymore Gears at this point unless they tried to take it in a radically different direction, which let's face it, isn't going to happen any time soon.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ez-money

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Judgement was terrible, FUCK i bought it day 1, Fuck, I guess i'll buy the next gen gears.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Judgement was pretty damn meh.

Even the multiplayer was garbage. So few maps is almost an insult, the gameplay tweeks were fine mostly, its just they seemed to put so little effort into it and it was obvious they left stuff out to make more DLC.

I'd much rather Epic make a new third person shooter, keeping with the Gears IP just limits what they could do in terms of evolving the gameplay.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

Being a massive, MASSIVE Gears fan, I considered the franchise to end on a near perfect note with the third game. I have not touched Judgment, nor do I intend to. Unsure of how much they can really milk out of the franchise.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'd much rather Epic make a new third person shooter, keeping with the Gears IP just limits what they could do in terms of evolving the gameplay.

I think that's entirely possible. People Can Fly can make Gears games(and not just the single player like in Judgment) and Epic does new stuff like Fortnite and a new shooter.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, I still haven't finished GOW2.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Bring it on, I say! A new next-gen Gears would definitely persuade me to keep an open-mind about eventually getting an Xbone. Judgment was also still a pretty good game overall; the only significant issue with it was there was just too little content in there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.