Rumour: Gears: Judgement was the 1st of a Trilogy

#1 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4235 posts) -

Gears of War license was/is one of the most successful projects for the current gen. GoW prints money, therefore we should expect more games in the future. Thus, according the latest rumor, GoW: Jugdment could be the first game in a new trilogy based on the Gears universe.

Apparently this info has been extracted from a CV of one person that has worked on GoW: Jugdment. Please, check it out for yourselves: ..

vgleaks: Rumor: Gears of War: Jugdment, first title in a new GoW trilogy

If they were to re-release Judgement on XONE, then I think it'd be neat. Have some more content and stuff, gobs more story, etc.

And it'd be dope to see some Unreal Engine 4 running on next-gen. :O

#2 Posted by jimmyfenix (3858 posts) -

Didnt the contract with epic and ms finish ? they were rumors of a gears of war game for the ps4 but i think any sequel to gears or war should wait. Judgement didnt wow that many people which is the same for God of war

#3 Posted by TheHT (11526 posts) -

That's some flimsy ass proof, but you don't really need proof to know there'll be another Gears game.

#4 Posted by ez123 (1967 posts) -

Didnt the contract with epic and ms finish ? they were rumors of a gears of war game for the ps4 but i think any sequel to gears or war should wait. Judgement didnt wow that many people which is the same for God of war

Lol, that's been the internet's theory since Gears 2. If that's an actual question, the answer is no one knows.

I think it makes sense to go multiplatform going into a new generation but then there's stuff like this. It makes it sound like they're still working with EPIC. Or maybe he's just downplaying Gears to talk about the new exclusives.

The only rumor was that screenshot of Gears Redux with the PS4 logo that was confirmed to be fake.

#5 Posted by Ramone (2975 posts) -

Bahahahaha, It's fucking hilarious how publishers can't let stale franchises just die.

#6 Posted by Reisz (1517 posts) -

Oh man, I had sincerely forgotten Judgement even came out.

#7 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4420 posts) -

Some people have some low bars for rumors that they pay attention to. Even if this was true though....meh

#8 Posted by gaminghooligan (1465 posts) -

Judgement was super forgettable. Can't say I would pay for anymore Gears at this point unless they tried to take it in a radically different direction, which let's face it, isn't going to happen any time soon.

#9 Posted by SomeJerk (3305 posts) -

ez-money

#10 Posted by BigJeffrey (5078 posts) -

Judgement was terrible, FUCK i bought it day 1, Fuck, I guess i'll buy the next gen gears.

#11 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

Yeah, Judgement was pretty damn meh.

Even the multiplayer was garbage. So few maps is almost an insult, the gameplay tweeks were fine mostly, its just they seemed to put so little effort into it and it was obvious they left stuff out to make more DLC.

I'd much rather Epic make a new third person shooter, keeping with the Gears IP just limits what they could do in terms of evolving the gameplay.

#12 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Being a massive, MASSIVE Gears fan, I considered the franchise to end on a near perfect note with the third game. I have not touched Judgment, nor do I intend to. Unsure of how much they can really milk out of the franchise.

#13 Posted by ez123 (1967 posts) -

I'd much rather Epic make a new third person shooter, keeping with the Gears IP just limits what they could do in terms of evolving the gameplay.

I think that's entirely possible. People Can Fly can make Gears games(and not just the single player like in Judgment) and Epic does new stuff like Fortnite and a new shooter.

#14 Posted by Morningstar (2192 posts) -

Meh, I still haven't finished GOW2.

#15 Posted by Yummylee (22067 posts) -

Bring it on, I say! A new next-gen Gears would definitely persuade me to keep an open-mind about eventually getting an Xbone. Judgment was also still a pretty good game overall; the only significant issue with it was there was just too little content in there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.