Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War

Franchise »

Humanity is at war with an underground enemy known as the Locust horde, and the player must use cover and team work to survive.

Rumour: Gears of War: Repercussion XONE

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

So like, is this legit? I mean it got leaked on Xbox's own twitch channel. Maybe it was just someone doing a bad prank somewhere, but it says it was supposed to be revealed November 7th, or something like that.

I didn't play Judgement, but damn GoW3 was pretty great. Webster defines repurcussion as "something usually bad or unpleasant that happens as a result of an action, statement, etc., and that usually affects people for a long time". And I guess that makes sense, considering 3's ending, what with Marcus and his dad and all. At some point, I thought it was rumored to be called Gears of War: Lazarus.

I'm hoping for good things from Black Tusk for this, and VGX would be a good place to debut a trailer actually.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the name, and do you think is legit or rather some weird mistake?

Edit: Nevermind..

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SomeDeliCook

I could go for a new Gears, assuming it has a bunch of new gameplay mechanics in it besides every 5 feet being a new combat set piece with waves of bullet sponge enemies.

I hope its closer to Judgement also, that game had a bunch of small upgrades I thoroughly enjoyed, like being able to seamlessly drop down from different heights, instead of either going through a dropdown animation or just hitting an invisible wall.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I could go for a new Gears, assuming it has a bunch of new gameplay mechanics in it besides every 5 feet being a new combat set piece with waves of bullet sponge enemies.

I hope its closer to Judgement also, that game had a bunch of small upgrades I thoroughly enjoyed, like being able to seamlessly drop down from different heights, instead of either going through a dropdown animation or just hitting an invisible wall.

Judgement is great minus the scoring between levels. It ruined the pacing of the game for me. I didn't particular care for the Multiplayer but the declassified stuff was a lot of fun to do. My body is ready for more Gears.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I freakin' hated Judgment, though I loved the original trilogy. I don't have high hopes for this. Maybe it'll prove me wrong, though.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By jeff

There's a vulnerability on Twitch at the moment that is apparently letting people change the name/description on archived videos. So don't take this to mean much of anything.

Also, anything that would be meant to be "embargoed" until November wouldn't be sitting on a public server like that in the first place.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Does the Twitch video have sound?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.