So anyone think Gears 3 will be announced soon?

#1 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Since Gear 2 was announced at the '08 GDC people think that Gears 3 will be announced at this year's GDC. Anyone think that will happen or that it will even be announced at all this year? I think the chances are slim even though I would like it to be announced but I think that MS wants to keep the spotlight on Fable 3 and Halo Reach so it will keep the wraps on Gears 3.
#2 Posted by nywt (439 posts) -

I think we will at least get an announcement this week. I believe David Ellis (former 1UPer, now working at 343 Industries) was talking about this a couple weeks back on 4 Guys 1UP and heavily hinted that it would be shown at GDC and have an earlier release date than we might think (think August-September) in order to get out this year and avoid Halo Reach and Fable 3.

#3 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

It's very possible that it's at least announced this week.  I would wager we won't get a ton of details on it until E3 though.

#4 Edited by xyzygy (9899 posts) -

I'd say sometime between now and E3, I still haven't beaten any Gears game. It makes me want to go and play them all, haha

#5 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

I reckon it will be announced at e3 but come out next year, this year it's halo's turn.

#6 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

I don't know about the whole Halo thing.  There will probably be Halo 4 or whatever in 2011 anyways.  

Anyways, I will disappointed if there is no announcement.

#7 Posted by Gamer_152 (14053 posts) -

I wouldn't put my money on it but I won't be surprised if we do get an announcement for Gears of War 3 in the near future.

#8 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -

If it's coming out this year, I'd say it will be announced at GDC. I don't see it being announced at E3 and then a projected "fall release date." I know announce =/= time spent developing the game, but you're going to generate more hype 7-8 months before it comes out, not 3-4 months.

#9 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

My guess if it is going to be announced this year then it may be released early next year.

#10 Posted by natetodamax (19176 posts) -

I certainly hope so. I do like me some Gears.

#11 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
" I'd say sometime between now and E3, I still haven't beaten any Gears game. It makes me want to go and play them all, haha "
Gears 1 is in the On Demand service. Good place to start. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.