why do the locust dudes fight this war?!

#1 Posted by leky1 (829 posts) -

i did not play the game yet so could you tell me :)?

#2 Posted by Pie (7055 posts) -

Its a game about aliens!

#3 Posted by leky1 (829 posts) -
@Pie said:
" Its a game about aliens! "
no...its not...NEXT!
#4 Posted by Pie (7055 posts) -
@leky1 said:
" @Pie said:
" Its a game about aliens! "
no...its not...NEXT! "
I think youll find it is
#5 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

dont think about gears of war, just play with your mind shut down 
 
its just for the action, which i assure you is fuckin badass

#6 Posted by leky1 (829 posts) -
@Pie said:
" @leky1 said:
" @Pie said:
" Its a game about aliens! "
no...its not...NEXT! "
I think youll find it is "
no its not!its bout some monsters coming out of the underground
#7 Posted by Pie (7055 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" dont think about gears of war, just play with your mind shut down  its just for the action, which i assure you is fuckin badass "
Go away you
#8 Posted by m1k3 (1325 posts) -
#9 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

Isn't it something about the humans actually being on their planet?

#10 Posted by CaptainObvious (2993 posts) -

It's a game about  match of man and beast. Deep emotional match of minds, only the strongest can survive. 
 

#11 Posted by Pie (7055 posts) -
@leky1 said:

" @Pie said:

" @leky1 said:
" @Pie said:
" Its a game about aliens! "
no...its not...NEXT! "
I think youll find it is "
no its not!its bout some monsters coming out of the underground "
Alien= A person from another and very different family, people, or place. Bam! There it is
#12 Edited by leky1 (829 posts) -
@CaptainObvious said:
" It's a game about  match of man and beast. Deep emotional match of minds, only the strongest can survive. 
 

"
lol
@m1k3 said:

" This might explain something:  http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/470146 "

thats very freakin funny :/
#13 Posted by eclipsesis (1242 posts) -

i couldn't tell you what it was about i skipped every cut scene and plot point. i wasn't playing it for the story Epic aren't really known for their excellent story telling

#14 Posted by AaronAlex (182 posts) -
@Pie said:
" @leky1 said:
" @Pie said:
" Its a game about aliens! "
no...its not...NEXT! "
I think youll find it is "
It sure is about aliens, the humans being the aliens of course.
#15 Posted by Pie (7055 posts) -
@AaronAlex said:
" @Pie said:
" @leky1 said:
" @Pie said:
" Its a game about aliens! "
no...its not...NEXT! "
I think youll find it is "
It sure is about aliens, the humans being the aliens of course. "
Woah! Dont go intelectual on my ass man!
#16 Posted by AaronAlex (182 posts) -

Science!

#17 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -
@leky1 said:
" @Pie said:
" @leky1 said:
" @Pie said:
" Its a game about aliens! "
no...its not...NEXT! "
I think youll find it is "
no its not!its bout some monsters coming out of the underground "
I find it funny how you're saying he's wrong, and explaining why when you say you've never played the game.
#18 Posted by leky1 (829 posts) -
@PureRok said:
" @leky1 said:
" @Pie said:
" @leky1 said:
" @Pie said:
" Its a game about aliens! "
no...its not...NEXT! "
I think youll find it is "
no its not!its bout some monsters coming out of the underground "
I find it funny how you're saying he's wrong, and explaining why when you say you've never played the game. "
lol...ya know i read about everything i buy before actually....well....buying it!
#19 Posted by Creamypies (4051 posts) -

The more you think about Gears of War, the more you start realising that in actual fact... the humans are kinda the bad guys. Because all the Locust are doing is defending their home planet.

#20 Posted by AaronAlex (182 posts) -
@creamypies said:
" The more you think about Gears of War, the more you start realising that in actual fact... the humans are kinda the bad guys. Because all the Locust are doing is defending their home planet. "
Well, you have a point. But the locust could have resolved this by asking the humans to leave nicely :P 
So there both in the wrong!
#21 Posted by Creamypies (4051 posts) -
@AaronAlex said:
" @creamypies said:
" The more you think about Gears of War, the more you start realising that in actual fact... the humans are kinda the bad guys. Because all the Locust are doing is defending their home planet. "
Well, you have a point. But the locust could have resolved this by asking the humans to leave nicely :P So there both in the wrong! "
True, but at what point did the humans ask permission to set up shop on the Locusts planet?
#22 Edited by AaronAlex (182 posts) -

Good point. You win sir :D 
  
But with the locust being underground and all, its a pretty honest mistake for the humans to assume Sera was unoccupied. 

#23 Edited by prencher (105 posts) -

The humans didn't arrive on Sera. Neither did the locust, both were always there. This is not some "Humans from earth go populate another planet and woops there's bad guys in the ground." story.  Alternate reality, no earth, no space travel to other planets.

#24 Posted by AaronAlex (182 posts) -

Oh really, my mistake then.

#25 Posted by Kiemoe (1055 posts) -
#26 Posted by impalerXZ (85 posts) -

Would make the most sense to say that the Locust are just humans that were exposed to Emulsion for way too long.

#27 Posted by myalt22 (101 posts) -
@Creamypies: Actually, they left the safety of the hollow due to the Lambent.
#28 Posted by Vinny_Says (5686 posts) -

You'll all find out why the locust emerged from the underground on emergence day to wipe out all humans IN THE EPIC CONCLUSION TO GEARS OF WAR THIS SEPTEMBER!!!!!

#29 Posted by NTM (7266 posts) -
@Creamypies: The humans weren't the ones who attacked the Locust, it was the other way around, so I don't see what you mean by saying the humans are the bad guys on this part. And the humans that live on Sera, didn't colonize Sera, they were always there, that's why there isn't any Earth to be heard of in the Gears of War series. By the way, there's still more story to the game (and another book that just came out), so we really don't yet know what the Locust are, or who the Locust queen really is.
#30 Posted by NTM (7266 posts) -
@leky1: It's because the Locust want the planet for themselves. That's as simple as it gets.
#31 Posted by President_Barackbar (3434 posts) -
I get so much mileage out of this image.
#32 Posted by NTM (7266 posts) -

I didn't even notice these Gears threads were from 2009... Damn.

#33 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

It's a game about Cliffy B's homoerotic brahbrobrehbroseph fantasies where the male protags have oversized robo nipples and failed relationships with women.

#34 Posted by ShaggE (6331 posts) -

"Why do the locust dudes fight this war?!" needs to be a line in Gears 3.  
 
"Why locust fighting war???" 
 
"I dunno, my name is a train! Let's shootan!" 
 
"BUNUNUNUNUNUH THAT'S US SHOOTAN YOU FACES" 
 
Make it so, Epic, even if you have to delay the game a year to rewrite everything. 

#35 Posted by Pie (7055 posts) -
@prencher said:
The humans didn't arrive on Sera. Neither did the locust, both were always there. This is not some "Humans from earth go populate another planet and woops there's bad guys in the ground." story.  Alternate reality, no earth, no space travel to other planets.
Does GOW3 end with Marcus and Anya flying off Sera and landing on Earth which means everybody is a descendant of Marcus? (Marcus and Anya first Humans on Earth)
#36 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Wait, so the humans are from Sera? They didn't colonize it or anything?

#37 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:

It's a game about Cliffy B's homoerotic brahbrobrehbroseph fantasies where the male protags have oversized robo nipples and failed relationships with women.


You've clearly never played a Gears game, breh. 
 
And I'm a firm believer that all games should include oversized robo nipples.
#38 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

It's a game about Cliffy B's homoerotic brahbrobrehbroseph fantasies where the male protags have oversized robo nipples and failed relationships with women.


You've clearly never played a Gears game, breh. And I'm a firm believer that all games should include oversized robo nipples.

Sadly, I've played both games to completion. Cliffy B is definitely slightly gay.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.