Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 07, 2006

Gears of War is a tactical cover-based sci-fi shooter from Epic Games. The player controls Marcus Fenix, a COG soldier who fights the Locust aliens defending their home planet from the encroaching Human invaders.

The Nuge is MINE! Teeheeheeeeheeeeeeeee!

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

Edited By SpawnMan

I finally unlocked my last weapons achievement on Gears of War, all but guaranteeing me a 100% achievement count for that game! I managed to find someone who's host was amazing and leeched off him until the torque bow achievement popped. My side count was only at about 50 or so, so I must have had far more torque bows than I imagined! Boy was I happy to see that achievement put behind me - now I can finally go back to using my chainsaw and get Gears of War 3 while I'm at it.

I've also decided to keep Dark Souls. The game is just too damn good. I've ranked up a bit more and am now up to the part with the blacksmith below, the bell-tower above and a forest in another direction. And all of those ways suck balls to fight through. If I'm not getting munched on by trees, mobbed by Hollows, skewered by knights, I'm getting walloped to death by giant centurion things. And surprisingly, I'm still enjoying it all! I haven't even raged like I normally do. I guess that's because I've been smart with my souls and either recovered them early or only lost a handful seeing as I'm spending them on levels and repairs more often than not. I've only really lost two big caches of souls really.

Wish I had a capture card!

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By SpawnMan

I finally unlocked my last weapons achievement on Gears of War, all but guaranteeing me a 100% achievement count for that game! I managed to find someone who's host was amazing and leeched off him until the torque bow achievement popped. My side count was only at about 50 or so, so I must have had far more torque bows than I imagined! Boy was I happy to see that achievement put behind me - now I can finally go back to using my chainsaw and get Gears of War 3 while I'm at it.

I've also decided to keep Dark Souls. The game is just too damn good. I've ranked up a bit more and am now up to the part with the blacksmith below, the bell-tower above and a forest in another direction. And all of those ways suck balls to fight through. If I'm not getting munched on by trees, mobbed by Hollows, skewered by knights, I'm getting walloped to death by giant centurion things. And surprisingly, I'm still enjoying it all! I haven't even raged like I normally do. I guess that's because I've been smart with my souls and either recovered them early or only lost a handful seeing as I'm spending them on levels and repairs more often than not. I've only really lost two big caches of souls really.

Wish I had a capture card!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.