holabendez's Gears of War (Limited Collector's Edition) (Xbox 360) review

Fast, Frenetic and Fun

Beautiful graphics, fast, frenetic and fun gameplay –  what other game offers a machine gun with a chain saw bayonet?? Addicitive from start to finish. No wonder so many games are copying the “duck and cover” mechanics. This game rocks. The final boss battle was surprisinglyeasy, but that may have also been because I had a bit of help playing online co-op with my mate Jeff.

Other reviews for Gears of War (Limited Collector's Edition) (Xbox 360)

Good GoW, Y'All! 0

It's my personal opinion that games just don't have the same magic as they used to.  It could be that we're breaching too close to reality with the looks, and realism effects and character models based on people we recognise might be taking things a little too far.  Many games, particularly shooters have become a little tired and predictable.  I'm very glad to say that I don't find this to be the case with Gears of War.  Made by the Unreal Tournament team, there was never a chance I wouldn't pla...