pr_flak's Gears of War (Limited Collector's Edition) (Xbox 360) review

• pr_flak wrote this review on .

Gears of War

Gears is both a refreshing change of pace from Epic -- who have been accused in the past of making pretty games that sell Engines and don't offer anything to PLAY -- and a realization and an extension of the core elements that made their previous titles such fun to blast away in. They still deliver on fast pacing, gripping moments, great "feel" of combat and shooting and amazing graphics.

One of the top 3 experiences I've had in a console shooter ever. Easily.

Other reviews for Gears of War (Limited Collector's Edition) (Xbox 360)

Good GoW, Y'All! 0

It's my personal opinion that games just don't have the same magic as they used to.  It could be that we're breaching too close to reality with the looks, and realism effects and character models based on people we recognise might be taking things a little too far.  Many games, particularly shooters have become a little tired and predictable.  I'm very glad to say that I don't find this to be the case with Gears of War.  Made by the Unreal Tournament team, there was never a chance I wouldn't pla...