Gemini Rue discount for Giant Bomb

• 184 results
#1 Edited by WadjetEye (15 posts) -

Hello! I'm Dave Gilbert, of Wadjet Eye Games and publisher of Gemini Rue. A few months ago, Gemini Rue was given a quick look by the kind folks on this site. The feature sent a huge influx of traffic our way and we gained a lot of new fans in the process. We are so happy that so many of you guys enjoyed our game, and we always felt a bit bad that we never reached out to thank you sooner. Hopefully later is better than never.

We wanted to offer an exclusive discount coupon to Giant Bomb for those of you who haven't played it yet. From now until June 26th, anyone using the code "RUEBOMB" will receive 25% off the purchase price. You can buy the game off of our website at http://www.wadjeteyegames.com. It will not be available on Steam, unfortunately.

Anyway, I hope this isn't presumptuous of me. Thanks again!

-Dave

#2 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

This guy is legit, just tried it. Thanks!

You might want to get in touch with the giantbomb dudes themselves, they could make a news post about it or something to raise awareness.

#3 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1390 posts) -

Wow, that's really cool. I might just have to put money down for Gemini Rue now.

#4 Posted by JCTango (1366 posts) -

Cool stuff, Dave.

#5 Posted by ChickenPants (934 posts) -

Thank you! Thought the game looked awesome from the Quick Look but never got around to getting it.

#6 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12127 posts) -

Alright, sure. Maybe I will purchase Gemini Rue now. It looked cool enough from the quick look.
#7 Posted by Darko (115 posts) -

Already bought it right after the quick look, but this is pretty cool.

The game's fuckin rad, too.

#8 Posted by AjayRaz (12477 posts) -

wow! thank you so much! 

#9 Edited by Surkov (990 posts) -

Is this game available for Mac?

#10 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

Game looked great in the Quicklook, will have to pick it up.

#11 Posted by Jolt92 (1586 posts) -

That's really neat! Might be something to check out.

#12 Posted by UlquioKani (1197 posts) -

sweet, thanks Dave

#13 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

Wow...i was so going to buy this game after the quicklook but i was busy with other games, thanks for this! this is a definite purchase now

#14 Posted by Sergio (2258 posts) -

I had planned to get it after the quick look but completely forgot until now. Now to remember by the time I get home from work.

Thanks!

#15 Edited by mnzy (2925 posts) -

Alright, alright, I'll buy it...

#16 Posted by Jeffsekai (7054 posts) -

That's pretty awesome

#17 Posted by UnrealDP (1221 posts) -

Dude, this is awesome! Been a long time sense i bought a pc game not on steam.

#18 Posted by RecSpec (3944 posts) -

Wow, going to pick this up today, thanks.

#19 Posted by MisterMouse (3564 posts) -

Oh wow that is awesome! Thank you so much!

#20 Posted by fembotbeck (26 posts) -

Aww man, I've already bought *and* played it.  But I don't regret paying full price.  It was very much worth it.

#21 Posted by Sunjammer (926 posts) -

Sold. Style move Wadjet :-) still a big shame it's not on Steam...

#22 Posted by mbkish (246 posts) -

That is super cool of you. I may have to pick this up!

#23 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1602 posts) -

Wow, thanks Mr. Gilbert! Was always meaning to play it ever since watching the QL but just never got around to it. Now I don't have any excuse not to. Much appreciated!

#24 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

Done.

#25 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

Wow, what an awesome gesture!

#26 Posted by PXAbstraction (352 posts) -

Very awesome gesture. I wish I could buy it but it doesn't run on the laptop I would be playing it on (just get a black screen). I posted a thread in your support forums but no one was able to figure it out. :( I might try it again though as it really looks like something I'd enjoy.

#27 Posted by KaosAngel (13764 posts) -

Steam support and OSX?

#28 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Awesome!

#29 Posted by Satsugai (52 posts) -

Your discount has been taken advantage of, sir.

#30 Posted by Jothel (937 posts) -

@fembotbeck said:

Aww man, I've already bought *and* played it. But I don't regret paying full price. It was very much worth it.

same for me, great game

#31 Posted by evilrazer (497 posts) -

This game is fucking awesome, will take a copy for my friend, thank you for the coupon.

#32 Posted by lordofultima (6286 posts) -

Picking this up ASAP, Thanks for the tip!

#33 Edited by WadjetEye (15 posts) -
@PXAbstraction said:

Very awesome gesture. I wish I could buy it but it doesn't run on the laptop I would be playing it on (just get a black screen). I posted a thread in your support forums but no one was able to figure it out. :( I might try it again though as it really looks like something I'd enjoy.

Are you running on a Win7 laptop, by any chance?  I'm not sure which post was yours, but the "hanging on startup" thing is a common problem with Win7 laptops and we've managed to finagle a solution right here.The answer was verrry obscure - it has to do with the battery settings.  Check it out and see if you can get the demo to run.
#34 Posted by bkbroiler (1641 posts) -

Gladly payed full price for it. Love the game!

#35 Posted by astonish (211 posts) -

I was just thinking of buying this over the weekend! Bought!

#36 Edited by genpatton7 (24 posts) -

Thanks Dave! Was waiting for the game to arrive on Steam, but for that price how can I resist?

#37 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5463 posts) -

This is pretty awesome.

#38 Posted by enemymouse (338 posts) -

Hey, thanks! I'd been meaning to pick it up.

#39 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

@WadjetEye said:

Hello! I'm Dave Gilbert, of Wadjet Eye Games and publisher of Gemini Rue. A few months ago, Gemini Rue was given a quick look by the kind folks on this site. The feature sent a huge influx of traffic our way and we gained a lot of new fans in the process. We are so happy that so many of you guys enjoyed our game, and we always felt a bit bad that we never reached out to thank you sooner. Hopefully later is better than never. We wanted to offer an exclusive discount coupon to Giant Bomb for those of you who haven't played it yet. From now until June 26th, anyone using the code "RUEBOMB" will receive 25% off the purchase price. You can buy the game off of our website at http://www.wadjeteyegames.com. It will not be available on Steam, unfortunately. Anyway, I hope this isn't presumptuous of me. Thanks again! -Dave

Hey Dave i have a question, i already bought the game, thanks for the code, but will this game ever release on Steam? Thanks

#40 Posted by AlwaysBeClothing (1496 posts) -

Pretty fantastic of you to bring a discount to Giant Bomb!

Hopefully this helps you all sell a bunch more copies

#41 Edited by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

It's great of you guys to do this.

#42 Posted by WadjetEye (15 posts) -
@Sayishere said:

Hey Dave i have a question, i already bought the game, thanks for the code, but will this game ever release on Steam? Thanks
We submitted the game to them, but they decided it wasn't right for their audience.  So it will only be available on our website for the time being.  Sorry!
#43 Posted by Irvandus (2894 posts) -

Will buy

#44 Posted by SomethingClever (423 posts) -

I thought the game looked pretty good but when I watched that Quick Look my computer was an ancient piece of garbage. I have since built myself a much nicer machine that can actually play games. Will definitely go buy this right now.

#45 Posted by SavUK (79 posts) -

Purchased. Thank you.

#46 Posted by Brodehouse (10134 posts) -

You got yourself a deal there, crazily named company.

#47 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

@WadjetEye said:

@Sayishere said:

We submitted the game to them, but they decided it wasn't right for their audience. So it will only be available on our website for the time being. Sorry!

Ah ok, their loss clearly! thanks again for that code :D

#48 Posted by mracoon (4979 posts) -

Bought. Thanks for the offer.

#49 Posted by WadjetEye (15 posts) -
#50 Posted by kollay (1943 posts) -

Perfect game for the summer doldrums.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.