Gemini Rue discount for Giant Bomb

• 184 results
#51 Edited by Darko (115 posts) -
@WadjetEye said:

@Sayishere said:

Hey Dave i have a question, i already bought the game, thanks for the code, but will this game ever release on Steam? Thanks
We submitted the game to them, but they decided it wasn't right for their audience.  So it will only be available on our website for the time being.  Sorry! 
 That's harsh, especially considering some of the absolute crap they sell. Hopefully your next project can get on Steam and get a little more exposure. Also, i'm gonna email Valve and bitch about it.
#52 Posted by MentalDisruption (1620 posts) -

Ooo thanks for the offer. Nice of you to do this :D

#53 Posted by 1337W422102 (1009 posts) -

This is awesome.  Thanks, Dave!

#54 Posted by LiquidS (971 posts) -

Awesome! Hope some of this money gets you going on developing a new game!

#55 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

sick

#56 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1587 posts) -

Smooth move, bought it :)

#57 Posted by PXAbstraction (332 posts) -
@WadjetEye: Sadly, I did try that suggestion and it didn't help. Interestingly though, this is a laptop provided from my work I'm having this issue on. For kicks, I tried the demo on another one of the same models that I was prepping for a user and it worked fine with no adjustments to any settings from the factory defaults. This laptop works perfectly otherwise but I'm wondering if there's some other hardware or software problem present. I'll keep working on it. I just bought a license using your code anyway. If I can't get it working on here, I'll find time to play it on my desktop at some point. :) Cheers!
#58 Posted by Thoseposers (782 posts) -

thank you so much wadjet man! I've been keeping an eye out for this game and this made me finally purchase it :D

#59 Posted by ThePelinal (101 posts) -

Steam's loss! Been thinking about getting this game since the QL, and this awesome gesture just pushed me over the edge. Thanks!

#60 Posted by FlipperDesert (2082 posts) -
Awesome, I've been wanting to buy this for a while but I've been trying to save up for my phone bill over the summer break. I'm gonna check my account tomorrow and buy it then if I can. 

I've been meaning to play The Shivah too after Idle Thumbs sang its praises. (On a side note, I miss Idle Thumbs so much.)
#61 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5253 posts) -

Cool dude, thanks!

#62 Posted by Winternet (8012 posts) -

@WadjetEye: Dude, that's awesome!

#63 Posted by Ashwyn (202 posts) -

Can't help but say that this is pretty awesome!!

#64 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3500 posts) -

This is a very nice gesture. Thank you.

#65 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

I was actually just looking through older Quick Looks and thinking about picking up this game. Awesome.

#66 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2355 posts) -

Very cool. I'll try to get it by then if I have the chance.

Reminds me that I wanted to get Emerald City Confidential too.

#67 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1679 posts) -

@WadjetEye: I ended up buying the game right after I saw the quick look (and loved it, by the way), but it's cool of you to reach out to our community like that. Very awesome, sir!

It's awesome that the game got some coverage here on GB, I would not have heard about it otherwise.

#68 Posted by Weltal (2272 posts) -

Amazing. Bought.

#69 Posted by Eaxis (908 posts) -

I had forgotten about this game, now I bought it:D

#70 Edited by fisk0 (3982 posts) -

@WadjetEye said:

@Sayishere said:

Hey Dave i have a question, i already bought the game, thanks for the code, but will this game ever release on Steam? Thanks
We submitted the game to them, but they decided it wasn't right for their audience. So it will only be available on our website for the time being. Sorry!

How about Gamer's Gate, which are a bit more focused on indie titles?

Your store is slightly confusing, I am buying a download, right? There's some option about shipping the order on a CD there as well?

Is there any DRM to worry about?

Scratch that, I've bought it, now I'm just waiting for the confirmation email.

#71 Posted by countinhallways (632 posts) -

Congratulations on making a damn fine game good sir! And keep fighting the good fight. 

(I am not entirely sure what fight I am referring to here, but... it is a good one, so keep it up :D)

#72 Posted by rargy (437 posts) -

Downloaded the demo but never got around to playing it. Fixing that now.

#73 Posted by Beer (53 posts) -

Hate to sound like a broken record here, but like most everyone else has already stated, this is a pretty damn cool thing of you to do. I bought the game after watching the quick look and I probably wouldn't have known about it otherwise. It's a fantastic game and I strongly recommend it to anyone who has an interest in the genre.

Good looking out Mr. Wadget Eye!

#74 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

Wow, I can't believe Steam turned this game down. What the hell are they thinking??

#75 Posted by Zecks23 (150 posts) -

Amazing gesture! Bought and played the game, need to go back and play it with developer commentary now. Probably gonna pick up a copy for my friend now, Thanks!

Also yeah why would Steam turn this down? That's complete crap!

#76 Posted by MiniPato (2727 posts) -

Wow, I too like many in this thread was interested in this game after the quick look, but had forgotten about it due to Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat. Thank you very much for your generous offer.

#77 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Wow, thank you.

Just put in my order. The quick look for Gemini Rue had me seriously interested, but unfortunately it fell kinda off my radar due to the timing of when it was put up opposed titles like Mortal Kombat and Portal 2. Your generous offer has however made it a top priority.

#78 Posted by ManiacMaysin (368 posts) -

Cool. Just bought it.

#79 Posted by Evilsbane (4579 posts) -

Will totally grab this in a few days, sucks about the steam stuff would have bought it way before now.

#80 Posted by buemba (90 posts) -

Thanks for the code, I just used it.

Lemme also take the opportunity to thank you for The Shivah as it's one of the most fascinating games I've played in quite some time.

#81 Posted by Zabant (1236 posts) -

Already bought it but this is really nice of you guys!  

Hope you have more games in mind, I loved the VO for azriel odin.

#82 Posted by BravoJade (55 posts) -

I picked this up after the quick look and really loved it. I hope you guys can do another game like this.

#83 Posted by Grilledcheez (3945 posts) -

I'll be purchasing it once I get my paycheck on Friday!

#84 Posted by Mikemcn (6967 posts) -

Damn it, I'm tempted to spend more money on videogames...

#85 Posted by Getz (2995 posts) -

A generous offer and a humble demeanor; where are they keeping these guys in the games industry?

#86 Posted by BeachThunder (11793 posts) -

I was waiting for this to eventually hit Steam, but I guess Valve really dropped the ball here =/

From what I've seen and heard, the game looks awesome and reminds me of one of my favourite adventure games :P

Anyway, sold!

#87 Posted by Enigma777 (6069 posts) -

Wow, this is so awesome of you. I'll buy a copy just for that!

#88 Posted by hinderk (685 posts) -

Just bought it. Game looks great!

#89 Posted by csl316 (8342 posts) -

excellent, the game looked slick!

#90 Posted by Brutik (12 posts) -

Just bought it. Excited to start playing!

#91 Posted by Pkshields (810 posts) -

That's pretty badass. Thanks Dave, much appreciated!

#92 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

Wadjet guy is a bro.

#93 Posted by StarFoxA (5143 posts) -

This looks really cool. Any chance that it'll come to Mac?

#94 Posted by ajamafalous (11933 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
I was waiting for this to eventually hit Steam, but I guess Valve really dropped the ball here =/
This. 

Anyway, just bought it. Awesome of you to do.
#95 Posted by Brendan (7731 posts) -

Damn you for giving me such an attractive offer. Now I have to spend money! (winkey face)

#96 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

Good deal, the game is well worth playing for adventure fans or people intrigued by the story & setting.

#97 Posted by MyaSharona (66 posts) -
Great deal. 
 I have to think this is a great idea for you guys as I would not have bought the game otherwise.  
 I imagine I am not the only one.  
Thanks and Best wishes. =) 
#98 Posted by MightyDuck (1521 posts) -

I saw it asked but did not see an answer to it yet.

Will this work for Macs?  I wouldn't mind playing this on my Macbook.

Very cool that you guys are doing this for everyone.

#99 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Awesome offer and thank you a bunch for the very kind gesture, but I have literally no money or I would buy this.  (17, 18 in a week actually, haven't been able to find a job since the pizza place I worked at closed down a year ago)

#100 Posted by Kinggi (278 posts) -

Damn, its nice when a quicklook does some good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.