Gemini Rue discount for Giant Bomb

• 184 results
#101 Posted by LiK (924 posts) -

BOUGHT

#102 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

A little slow paced, but that was expected. Having fun with it so far, thanks for doing this!

#103 Posted by CastroCasper (1304 posts) -

Damn, that is great. I was really impressed with what I saw in the quick look, ill buy first thing in the morning. Thanks a lot!

#104 Posted by megalowho (976 posts) -

This is great! Dave Gilbert I really enjoy your games and hope you guys keep on doing what you're doing, free of outside influence, for a long time. Going to buy Gemini Rue right now.

#105 Posted by TheHT (11664 posts) -

Awesome!!

#106 Posted by Gregalor (59 posts) -

I registered just to say thanks. I know this doesn't make me the best customer, but a sale on Gemini Rue was what I was waiting for.

#107 Posted by iWonder (454 posts) -

Gonna buy this, first thing tomorrow! You rock Dave!

#108 Posted by PhanThomas (90 posts) -

Very cool, I will buy it right away. (Would have done it either way but this is a very nice offering.)

#109 Posted by supermike6 (3610 posts) -

Just watched the Quick Look, this game looks really cool! I'm definitely going to get it now. Thanks duder.

#110 Posted by Overwatch (271 posts) -

Wow, that is awesome. I already bought it before this discount, but I totally bought it because of GB's Quick Look. Great game!

#111 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

All Daves are cool.

#112 Posted by CaptainCody (1518 posts) -

VIDEOGAAAAMES

#113 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

Missed the Quick Look when it was originally published so I went and watched it and I gotta say this games seems great, been a while since I played some point and clickin'.

Thank you for this discount!

#114 Posted by mcwizardry (11 posts) -

Did anyone have to wait a little longer for their download link? I ordered it about 3 hours ago and the e-mail with the download link from WadjetEye hasn't shown up yet.

#115 Posted by Jadeskye (4368 posts) -

This is why indy is awesome.

#116 Posted by rflx (577 posts) -

@jadeskye said:

This is why indy is awesome.

But really, very cool move! I already own the game though.

#117 Posted by ChickenPants (934 posts) -

Hope some of the staff have noticed this.

#118 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1595 posts) -

@WadjetEye: dude that's awesome. I was just thinking about buying it and now I'm definitely buying it

#119 Posted by Scrawnto (2461 posts) -

Oh man, I was holding off on purchasing this until I was done with the games I was playing already, but I bought it right away after seeing this. Thanks Dave!

#120 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

I was waiting for a Steam sale to buy this after seeing the QuickLook.

Now I bought it on the discount. Thanks! I hope this can become a trend. :)

#121 Posted by Jadeskye (4368 posts) -

@rflx: i don't have a comeback for that. Too awesome.

#122 Posted by Ramone (2976 posts) -

@fembotbeck said:

Aww man, I've already bought *and* played it. But I don't regret paying full price. It was very much worth it.

Same here. Great game.

#123 Edited by WadjetEye (15 posts) -

Wow!  I go to sleep and this forum thread explodes. :)  This is very gratifying, guys.   Thanks so much!  To answer some of the common questions:

RE: Steam 

Their policy is not to give their reasons, presumably to not get into long conversations with defensive developers.  I can't say I blame them, although I can't help but wonder why they turned it down myself!  But, no biggie.  It means more direct sales for us. :)

RE: Mac

Right now, there is no Mac port.  The game was made using the AGS engine, which is rigidly PC only.  However, the engine just went open source and some people are trying to make a stable Mac port.  Once that happens, rest assured that Gemini Rue will be the first to make the jump.

@mcwizardry

said:

Did anyone have to wait a little longer for their download link? I ordered it about 3 hours ago and the e-mail with the download link from WadjetEye hasn't shown up yet.

Hi McWizardry.  Did your email ever come through?  A very common reason for this is when a customer uses a paypal account that has a different email address associated with it.  Drop me an email and let me know if you still haven't received it.

Aaand that's all I can say, really.  Thanks again, everyone.  

-Dave
#124 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

Well worth it, I bought on release and it's awesome.

#125 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

My first attempt (credit card) was not accepted for whatever reason. I just tried again now with PayPal.

If it doesn't work after that I give up. It shouldn't be this hard to make a PC game purchase regardless of game or discount. Sorry.

#126 Posted by DeeGee (2144 posts) -

I'd be really interested to know how much this thread boosted sales, if at all. Seems like a bunch of dudes are buying it, so I hope so!

#127 Posted by WadjetEye (15 posts) -
@LunarAura said:

My first attempt (credit card) was not accepted for whatever reason. I just tried again now with PayPal.

If it doesn't work after that I give up. It shouldn't be this hard to make a PC game purchase regardless of game or discount. Sorry.

Strange!  What sort of error did you get?  If you still want the game, drop me an email and I'll see if I can sort out what went wrong.
#128 Posted by MaFoLu (1859 posts) -

I'll have to buy this right now!

Was planning to get it after the Quicklook but I forgot about it.

Now, if only all developers would be as awesome as you, and give a discount after GB made a Quick Look of their game.

#129 Posted by daftdethmonkey (45 posts) -

This is what is great about Giant Bomb. I remember in the early days of the site when Jeff said that the idea was to ignore the games people don't care about, cover the games people are already interested in and expose people to games they should care about but don't yet. This is a perfect example.

If it hadn't been for the Quick Look I never would have even heard of this game, so it's good to see that simple coverage like that can make so much of a difference for a small game like Gemini Rue.

#130 Posted by Tesla (1938 posts) -

Awesome, I loved the QL and meant to buy this sooner. This just reminded me, thanks Dave!

#131 Posted by NovaDTH (179 posts) -

Bought this game at release and really can't stress how awesome it is. Add that on top of you doing this for the GB community. 

Everyone buy this game!

#132 Posted by Lake (127 posts) -

Enjoy my money while I enjoy your game.

#133 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

@WadjetEye said:

@LunarAura said:

Strange! What sort of error did you get? If you still want the game, drop me an email and I'll see if I can sort out what went wrong.

Paypal worked. Time to have some fun =3

#134 Edited by Cirdain (3111 posts) -
@WadjetEye: Thank you for making a fantastic, atmospheric game that must have taken balls to make. Balls that even Nintendo doesn't have. 

Your presumptuous attitude and balls are welcome any time brother :)
#135 Posted by onarum (2225 posts) -

This is really nice, thanks.

#136 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

I will be buying this ASAP. From what I've seen, this game looks amazing.

#137 Posted by SSully (4266 posts) -

Well I am going to have to buy this right now. I already was interested in the game, but this extremely kind gesture sealed the deal. Thank you, I will keep a look out for any future games you make.

#138 Posted by reddin (418 posts) -

@WadjetEye: Consider your game bought!

But a shame it didn't get on Steam. I remember reading somewhere that it might be because the resolution was too low to allow for the steam overlay or something like that. But then I remembered that I own Ben There, Dan That! on Steam, and that runs at 320x240.

Steam works in mysterious ways I guess.

#139 Posted by Deusx (1910 posts) -

Wow this is really cool! I'm glad that your game got recognition from the GiantBomb crew and the community. I'll be buying that game right now! 

#140 Posted by mcwizardry (11 posts) -

@WadjetEye: Order went through successfully, just took a little longer to process. Thanks for replying !

#141 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1770 posts) -

That is really awesome of you, dude. Thanks a lot.

#142 Posted by Nux (2403 posts) -

Once I get payed I will be buying this. Thanks Dave this is very nice of you. I have been thinking of buying this ever since I saw the Quick Look and now I will.

#143 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Totally buying this right now.

#144 Posted by FlipperDesert (2103 posts) -

Game get! 

Just installed it, I'll give it a little go when I'm finished with work.

#145 Posted by FugitiveJ (34 posts) -

Thanks for the offer! Pretty awesome of you guys.

#146 Posted by wafflez (530 posts) -

I was waiting for it to go on sale.. my plan has come to fruition! Thanks

#147 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

@WadjetEye: How long will this discount code last for?

#148 Posted by Malphye (413 posts) -

@Dylabaloo: June 26

#149 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

@Delphye: Thanks!

#150 Posted by SolidusMaximus (36 posts) -

Bought, Thanks for the discount.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.