Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gemini Rue

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 24, 2011

An intense indie adventure for the PC and iOS, set in a bleak future dominated by a corrupt crime syndicate. The game was the 2010 winner of the Independent Game Festival Student Showcase.

Voice Acting & Casting, and in-game moments in Gemini Rue

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Edited By JCTango

Man... just started playing this game this week or so...

The voice acting and casting is top notch in this indie game.. it definitely is on par with the voice acting in today's games.  At some points you can hear the feedback from talking too loudly/close to the mic, but overall the voice actors did a great job.

There are great moments in the game as well, as players will find.  A lot of these moments resemble those you may find in movies/films  :).  A particular favourite of mine so far is the one on the spaceship.. the radar moment.. pretty damn funny haha.  It sorta reminded me of star wars. 

The radar locks up at one point and in the confusion of it all, you may be tempted to ask your buddies to help you fix the computer.. they both can't figure it out.. in the end all the computer needs is a good solid kick! :D
    I hope as the game progresses I'll have more of these along the way.  I'll definitely replay this game once I'm done with the first play-through..

Hope to see more of this type of quality gaming from this studio!

PS:  Anyone have any other point-and-click games that has a similar look/sound/feel as Gemini Rue?  I checked out similar games on the wiki but would like more suggestions :D.
    JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By JCTango

Man... just started playing this game this week or so...

The voice acting and casting is top notch in this indie game.. it definitely is on par with the voice acting in today's games.  At some points you can hear the feedback from talking too loudly/close to the mic, but overall the voice actors did a great job.

There are great moments in the game as well, as players will find.  A lot of these moments resemble those you may find in movies/films  :).  A particular favourite of mine so far is the one on the spaceship.. the radar moment.. pretty damn funny haha.  It sorta reminded me of star wars. 

I hope as the game progresses I'll have more of these along the way.  I'll definitely replay this game once I'm done with the first play-through..

Hope to see more of this type of quality gaming from this studio!

PS:  Anyone have any other point-and-click games that has a similar look/sound/feel as Gemini Rue?  I checked out similar games on the wiki but would like more suggestions :D.
    mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Did you find Ed?

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JCTango
    @mylifeforAiur said:

Did you find Ed?

Hehe... yeah I did.  Not sure if she plays a role in the game or not, but I thought it was pretty funny.  There's a door up in that hotel that houses someone also, but I don't know if there's anything more to him.  He just answers the door when you call to him.
    WadjetEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By WadjetEye

Thanks JCTango!  Casting and directing the actors is my favorite part of the process.  

Would I look like a shameless shill if I answered your question by saying "check out the other games on my site"?  Probably yes.  So I won't say it. :-x

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JCTango
    @WadjetEye said:
    Thanks JCTango!  Casting and directing the actors is my favorite part of the process.  

Would I look like a shameless shill if I answered your question by saying "check out the other games on my site"?  Probably yes.  So I won't say it. :-x
    Do all the wadjet point and click games have voice over work? I really dig the actors in gemini rue so far.
    WadjetEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By WadjetEye

Yep, they do.  Abe, Shelly and Daryl (Kane, Sayuri and the mafia boss) are folks you will hear quite often.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JCTango

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.