Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 30, 2008

With several new modes and updated visuals, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 proves to be a worthy successor to the Xbox Live Arcade smash hit, Geometry Wars.

Geometry Wars

thebignasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By thebignasty

I was one of the like 5 360 owners that didn't download the first Geo Wars.  Is there any reason for me to download the first one (other than the cheaper price tag), or should I just go ahead and download the second one?  In other words, is there anything that the first one offers (other than achievements) that the second does not?

irishjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By irishjohn

I loved the first game, but honestly, the second game is fantastic and renders the first one obsolete.  I freely recommend buying the second game, it's worth the money.

SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SolemnOaf

no, not at all.  The playing of the games is slightly different, where geo wars 2 puts emphasis on collecting 'geoms', which are score multiplyers.  Other than that, no.  The first Geometry Wars was basically just the mode evolved, whereas geometry wars 2 has evolved, deadling, pacification, kings, waves, and sequence.  Even the music from the first game is carried over in a remix into Geo Wars 2. 

So short answe;, there's absolutely no reason to buy or play the first geometry wars now that 2 has been released, and i've actually deleted the first off my hard drive. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.