Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 30, 2008

With several new modes and updated visuals, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 proves to be a worthy successor to the Xbox Live Arcade smash hit, Geometry Wars.

Geometry Wars 2

mitchell486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By mitchell486

I've recently gotten back into Geo Wars 2 because of one fateful evening when Ernie was visiting, we decided to fire it up a bit and take turns playing while drinking beer and alternating between Sudoku and Geo Wars. That got him hooked, he went and bought it, went out and beat some of my high scores which in turn made me pick it up again and try to beat his scores along with my old scores. I have to say... That game still has the allure it always has. It's one of those that you can pick up, play, do great, and put it down. You can waste many hours on it or you can hit it and quit it. It's really great all around. The only bad part I've found so far is that if you have played a bunch of it, you start to get zoned out almost to the stuff that is happening so you need to maybe mix it up and take a break. I think I'm going to play some Walking Dead with Kate watching tonight instead and even maybe some Dead Space since I have both of those to beat still as well. Maybe I'll try to get the guys together online for some Burnout:Paradise instead. That is another light game that is mostly "thoughtless gaming" and you just kinda go at it until you feel like stopping. Guess we'll see. Regardless of what I end up doing, I will still want to play some more Geo Wars and best the scores already posted on Live.

mitchell486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mitchell486

I've recently gotten back into Geo Wars 2 because of one fateful evening when Ernie was visiting, we decided to fire it up a bit and take turns playing while drinking beer and alternating between Sudoku and Geo Wars. That got him hooked, he went and bought it, went out and beat some of my high scores which in turn made me pick it up again and try to beat his scores along with my old scores. I have to say... That game still has the allure it always has. It's one of those that you can pick up, play, do great, and put it down. You can waste many hours on it or you can hit it and quit it. It's really great all around. The only bad part I've found so far is that if you have played a bunch of it, you start to get zoned out almost to the stuff that is happening so you need to maybe mix it up and take a break. I think I'm going to play some Walking Dead with Kate watching tonight instead and even maybe some Dead Space since I have both of those to beat still as well. Maybe I'll try to get the guys together online for some Burnout:Paradise instead. That is another light game that is mostly "thoughtless gaming" and you just kinda go at it until you feel like stopping. Guess we'll see. Regardless of what I end up doing, I will still want to play some more Geo Wars and best the scores already posted on Live.

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By endoworks

Destroy Ernie!!!!!!!!! :)

mitchell486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mitchell486

Haha will do. I almost got to the top of every leaderboard on there last night. I missed Kings high score by 100,000. :(

>:-S

I'll get him tonight!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.