Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 30, 2008

With several new modes and updated visuals, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 proves to be a worthy successor to the Xbox Live Arcade smash hit, Geometry Wars.

Installing GW to the HDD from a disc.

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Jambones

I bought an extra control pad that had 4 Live games free with it, three on a disc and one DL code, GW being on the disc. I was just wondering if there was anyway to get GW:RE2 installed on the HDD: I'd love to be able to play it without having to put the disc in.

And yes, I only just bought a 360, so I am a little unsure of what I am doing :D

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

Unfortunately, no. That is a known problem with that bundle.

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jambones
    @Bigandtasty: Thanks anyway. 

I might just wait until they have a sale and I can grab it for cheap. It seems like a great game to just hop into, rather than faffing around with a disc. Oh well.
    Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Bigandtasty
    @Jambones:  Actually, Geo Wars 2 is on sale right now if you're a Gold member. 400 MSP instead of 800.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

no you cannot install games that are on disc in that way. you can install them and play the games if the disc is in the drive but not a non disc play thing like if you downloaded and installed them.

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jambones
    @Bigandtasty: Yeah, I saw that. I might just snag it later if I have some spare points, but there is a ton I want to buy before dropping points for a simple luxury :-)

@WilliamRLBaker: Ah I see. It's a shame, but I guess I can see that. It would be nice to have the option to download it if you own it, but that's going down a slippery slope, I suppose.

Thanks for the help guys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.