Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 30, 2008

With several new modes and updated visuals, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 proves to be a worthy successor to the Xbox Live Arcade smash hit, Geometry Wars.

My Geometry Wars Problem

MsManwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

Edited By MsManwich

That's my brain exploding after finding out I have to score over 40,000,000 on Pacifism to feed my obsession.
     That's my brain exploding after finding out I have to score over 40,000,000 on Pacifism to feed my obsession.

So I met these great guys down at PAX while at the G4 party. Definitely the highlight of the weekend. 

Of course after we got to know each other and suss out that we weren't all complete assholes we traded Gamertags. I hadn't gotten around to adding anyone since getting back from PAX, but noticed a friend request from one of them who ended up knocking me off one of my Geometry Wars 2 leaderboards. And I just couldn't have that. 

I know I have a problem, because I spent the entire night beating his high score. 19,000,000 in Pacifism. I retired to bed a content man. 

Until the next morning when I added the rest of the guys and quickly dropped to top of only 2 leaderboards. 40,000,000 is now the score to beat and god-damn it I'm goign to do it. 

Who knew a few geometric shapes could instill so much competition in a person?    
    MsManwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MsManwich

So I met these great guys down at PAX while at the G4 party. Definitely the highlight of the weekend. 

Of course after we got to know each other and suss out that we weren't all complete assholes we traded Gamertags. I hadn't gotten around to adding anyone since getting back from PAX, but noticed a friend request from one of them who ended up knocking me off one of my Geometry Wars 2 leaderboards. And I just couldn't have that. 

I know I have a problem, because I spent the entire night beating his high score. 19,000,000 in Pacifism. I retired to bed a content man. 

Until the next morning when I added the rest of the guys and quickly dropped to top of only 2 leaderboards. 40,000,000 is now the score to beat and god-damn it I'm goign to do it. 

Who knew a few geometric shapes could instill so much competition in a person?    
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Geno

Well you know what they say, go for the gold. 

Avatar image for xxmarkit8dudexx
    xxMarkIt8Dudexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xxMarkIt8Dudexx

GT: TheChemicalShed 

By far the most addictive game on XBLA. Pacifism is all I play.

Archleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Archleone

Wow... sorry dude. 

It's kind of like how my friend and I compete in audiosurf on steam leaderboards, and despite the fact that we play with the EXACT SAME versions of each of the songs we've both done, he automatically has a higher score on most of them even though I literally did a perfect run. Not as bad as yours, though.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By wefwefasdf

Hehe my friend and I have a similar competition. He will never beat my 86,000,000. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SpikeSpiegel: 86 million!? 

...and I thought I was hot shit for getting 19 million earlier. 
    soul101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By soul101

There's a dude on my list with 127,000,000.....I just gave up :(

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BestUsernameEver
    @soul101 said:
    " There's a dude on my list with 127,000,000.....I just gave up :( "
    I lol'd

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.