Smile Achievement

#1 Edited by piecat (384 posts) -

Anybody have any idea how to get this one? I'm only missing that and the one for finishing sequence.
Sidenote, this game rocks my socks.

#2 Posted by Toseph (370 posts) -

In the sequence mode you need to make a smiley face out of the blocks of 5x4, by failing those levels, yet still completing the game.
Your screen will look something like this ( X's are completed levels, O's are failed levels)

X O X O X
X X X X X
O X X X O
X O O O X

#3 Posted by SlimDogg (159 posts) -

Ah thats what that one meant . Thanks for the clear up .

#4 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -
Joe said:
"In the sequence mode you need to make a smiley face out of the blocks of 5x4, by failing those levels, yet still completing the game.
Your screen will look something like this ( X's are completed levels, O's are failed levels)

X O X O X
X X X X X
O X X X O
X O O O X"
wow lol that's pretty wicked
#5 Posted by Clark (110 posts) -

Thanks. I was wondering about this one too. 

#6 Posted by DanCarmichael (220 posts) -

Has anyone actually managed this yet?

It's pretty damn tough. I keep getting so far with the pattern then end up dying and messing it up.

#7 Posted by Perfect_Winter (53 posts) -

By far the hardest achievement in the game.

#8 Posted by HTTenrai (241 posts) -

You know, even in the demo, I thought it had something to do with Waves, but I couldn't be sure.

#9 Posted by JPhyve (1 posts) -

Ridiculously difficult.  I've come 2 short.

#10 Posted by piecat (384 posts) -

That is crazy tough. Its the only one I'm missing now.

#11 Posted by DanCarmichael (220 posts) -

I just got it. It took a bit of practice but I finally did it. :D

There is a useful guide located here which gives good tips and strategies for doing it.

#12 Posted by AvD (288 posts) -

Haha, this achievement is pretty clever.

#13 Posted by Caddy (308 posts) -

I haven't tried for it yet, but I can imagine it's going to be a royal pain in my ass.

#14 Posted by Tommy_Gun (6 posts) -

For the "eyes" you need to run out of time, not die.  So kill everything except a couple enemies.

#15 Posted by John (828 posts) -

This is the only achievement I don't have. It's extremely tricky, because any mistake results is fail. I tried for hours, no results. :(

#16 Posted by GalvanizedNails (552 posts) -

hmm, i really wonder if devs just pick a week to sit down and think about stupid but awesome achievements

#17 Posted by DanCarmichael (220 posts) -

Good video guide here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.